Rebound in Huntsville

Rebound in Huntsville

Caroline DavisBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes

I wanted to share this article because it was interesting, informative, and encouraging enough to share with my fellow Bigger Pockets members. This article reflects the rebound and upward momentum in the real estate market. I believe Huntsville will rebound quicker and stronger than other areas in the nation due to the economic growth that we have continued to see.

https://rismedia.com/2020/04/23/big-rebound-in-showing-activity-underway-in-most-states-affirming-an-underlying-demand-from-prospective-buyers/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eNews

New South Realtors LLC
8Reply
104 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 9 votes
6y

I agree 100%. Being an investor in multifamiles in HSV we see that there is no slowdown in the momentum in the market whatsoever. The rental market is fabulous and has grown tremendously over the last 10 years. We just closed on 6 more units this week and they are fully occupied units . They were on the market for 1 day before they had several offers on them. The market is hot and things don't last if they are priced right. We have even noticed things priced way outside of the norm going faster than expected. HSV is the place to invest. If you have any leads on multifamilies let me know! We are always looking to add to our portfolio.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I agree! With the Toyota plant going in and FBI headquarters in red arsenal.

  • Investor · Dallas/Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Caroline Davis thanks for sharing! As an OOS investor looking in the Huntsville area, this is great news. 

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    6y

    @Caroline Davis - agreed.  I don't think the market here has slowed down whatsoever - if anything, given the severe lack of inventory, I think the market here has continued to accelerate even during the COVID pandemic.  Multiple offers within 24 to 48 hours for good properties is now the normal 

  • Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2014 · 123 posts · 329 votes
    6y

    Thanks for sharing @Caroline Davis

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I agree 100%. Being an investor in multifamiles in HSV we see that there is no slowdown in the momentum in the market whatsoever. The rental market is fabulous and has grown tremendously over the last 10 years. We just closed on 6 more units this week and they are fully occupied units . They were on the market for 1 day before they had several offers on them. The market is hot and things don't last if they are priced right. We have even noticed things priced way outside of the norm going faster than expected. HSV is the place to invest. If you have any leads on multifamilies let me know! We are always looking to add to our portfolio.

  • Developer · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Caroline Davis Huntsville is a great market and one I’m looking to invest in! I live in Birmingham now and just starting out, I’d love to partner up on some deals in Huntsville.

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y

    Sure ...one if my clients told me yesterday that I have created a unique investment strategy that works. And will be very successful!    I would love to talk and explore how we can work together.   Do you have my co tact information.

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y

    Interesting article.    And supports my evaluations also.  

    Decline in sales in urban areas and condominiums

    · Social distancing measures have also resulted in a lower share of buyers who purchased property in urban areas. Based on the April 2020 survey of Realtors®, the share of homes sold in the urban area or central city dropped to 15% from 22% in February 2020. This survey data is supported by the April 2020 data on existing home sales that showed a steeper drop in condominium sales compared to single-family homes. In April 2020, condominium sales on a seasonally adjusted basis fell to 390,000 units, a 26.4% decline compared to the prior month. Single-family detached homes fell to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.94 million, a 16.9% decline.

    · At this early stage, the decline in sales in urban areas is related to social distancing measures and office/government shutdowns. Over time, the rising share of suburban home sales (if it happens) will reflect not only the effect of social distancing measures but the increasing number of millennials who will be purchasing property in the suburban areas as they get married and start to have children.

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Lindsay DavisBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2019 · 326 posts · 203 votes
    6y

    @Caroline Davis

    Thanks for sharing! I think you’re absolutely right about Huntsville rebounding more quickly. All of the reasons we love Huntsville as a real estate investment remain true regardless of current events - employment opportunities, low barrier of entry for investors, culture, diverse economy, etc.

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y
    New South Realtors LLC
  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y
    New South Realtors LLC
  • Rental Property Investor · Oceanside, CA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Caroline Davis

    I am also interested in your “investing strategy”

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y

    Barbara I would love to share!    

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    6y

    The fact that there is less than 1000 homes available right now tells the whole story.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2020 · 47 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Caroline Davis

    Please add me to your distribution list...I’m interested in this market for multi-unit opportunities..thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2020 · 47 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Caroline Davis

    would you be interested in scheduling a call to talk about the Huntsville market?

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    6y

    Happy to...please share your telephone number and your email address.

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hello Caroline, Just starting in the Huntsville market and would like to discuss multiunit opportunities, etc. 

    I am willing to partner up with another investors also.

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Myron Fletcher hey Myron can I’m an OOS state investor from Houston looking at a deal there in Huntsville. Could I connect with you on getting help with a inspector for a property?

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Caroline Davis Mrs Davis I’m also interested in the investing strategy, if you be so kind to share. I’m going to email.

  • Lender · Clermont, FL · Member since 2020 · 168 posts · 87 votes
    5y

    Have rents caught up with home prices? With prices rising so rapidly, it's been hard to find a good deal in terms of cash flow. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

  • Caroline DavisBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes
    5y

    Jonathan, I’m happy to share my real estate investing strategy that works..

    Caroline Davis

    New South Realtors LLC
  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    @Caroline Davis I am an investor as well as Realtor from MA.  Would love your insight into Huntsville as my first OOS opportunity!

    -Sonia

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Carolina Davis 

    Late to the game on this chat, but I am highly interested in your strategy. My family and I will be moving to the Huntsville area and just purchased our second SFH. We will be living in this home until we move but plan on renting the property once we leave. I am also actively doing a REHAB project on the home (from a long distance!) and am excited about the possible ARV. My wife and I are actively saving for our third property and plan to sell our first home within the next two years as a tool to scale. Our three-year goal is to purchase three investment properties in the larger Huntsville area.

    Also, great article and cool little free software tool to show national and specific state listings! 

    Sincerely Joshua 

  • Realtor · Papillion, NE · Member since 2013 · 134 posts · 59 votes
    5y

    Am interested in investing in Hunstville as well! Looking to connect with those in this market. With such low inventory, is it impossible to find anything in a decent area with cash flow?  I feel like I may be late to the game.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.