US Space Command headquarters coming to Huntsville, Alabama

US Space Command headquarters coming to Huntsville, Alabama

Caroline DavisBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 95 posts · 90 votes

US Space Command headquarters is heading to Huntsville.  Huntsville has the skilled workforce, close to supporting space entities, and it is a cost effective place for companies and citizens alike. 

https://www.waaytv.com/content...

New South Realtors LLC
3Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
5y

@Caroline Davis

I was reading that this morning. I feel blessed to have moved to the Huntsville market. We just finished a remodel on our permanent residents in Madison (will rent out once we move), and the ARV is estimated to double the money invested. If you love REI, this is definitely a great time. I'm actively saving toward my third investment property, hopefully by Q1-2021.

I usually follow the military forum, but I need to be more active on the Huntsville forum! 

Sincerely 

Josh

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Eric LanePro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Leighton, AL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Roll Tide!

  • Member since 2019 · 140 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    its like , everyday something new there.....

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    https://www.multihousingnews.c...

    We have over 700 units in Huntsville already... Its sad that the news hits three years later. #huntsville

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Caroline Davis

    I was reading that this morning. I feel blessed to have moved to the Huntsville market. We just finished a remodel on our permanent residents in Madison (will rent out once we move), and the ARV is estimated to double the money invested. If you love REI, this is definitely a great time. I'm actively saving toward my third investment property, hopefully by Q1-2021.

    I usually follow the military forum, but I need to be more active on the Huntsville forum! 

    Sincerely 

    Josh

  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 890 votes
    5y

    @Taylor Davis Not sure if you guys are tracking this, but depending on how big the command is, this could really give Huntsville a lift! 

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2020 · 196 posts · 190 votes
    5y

    @Caroline Davis As a Colorado Springs investor I'm bummed, but congratulations to Huntsville.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Not sure if that is final yet. There are some sketchy things around that decision. 

  • Member since 2019 · 332 posts · 171 votes
    5y

    @Benjamin Park yes, it is not final yet. It is one of the many abrupt decisions taken in the last few days by a disgraced president.

    It is going to be challenged by the govt in Colorado - they are going to demand that the military recommendation is made public. If indeed the military recommended the shift from Colorado to Alabama, then it may actually happen.

    Otherwise it may become a part of the many last minute shady rulings by the disgraced president that gets overturned by the new govt.

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntsville AL Ardmore AL/TN · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    It has been widely known that a decision was going to be made mid January. Huntsville is a great place for Space Command. It has the talent and land area to support this. It was not a 'last minute' decision. Colorado was never a permanent location. The part about 2023 is when the environmental study is to be completed. It is just paperwork. Of course the new administration could change everything. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    If it comes or not. HSV is number on on MFH emerging markets. This per the numbers which is "rent increases %".

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    5y

    I am still holding my breath for Colorado Springs. A move of headquarters right before the inauguration is an interesting move and I could see that decision being reconsidered. Colorado Springs has so much to offer for our existing military service mens and women and the supporting services. We have seen more direct flights with plans of Southwest Airlines moving to our airport. We have Amazon building a 4,000,000 Sq Ft distribution facility which is the largest Amazon center in a 5 state region and Amazon bought two more commercial properties. The In-N-Out distribution center allows for an entirely new popular franchise to grow around its 12 hour driving radius. According to rentcafe.com, Colorado Spring was #2 on their list for best U.S. summer remote places to work (https://www.rentcafe.com/blog/...). 

    We'll see what the new administration brings. Fingers crossed they overturn the decision and keep the command headquarters here with our existing 5 military installations!

  • Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2020 · 46 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Crazy how the officials in my city of Palmdale were pushing hard and promoting the coming of the space command but it was never really in the runnings, smh.

  • Member since 2019 · 332 posts · 171 votes
    5y

    From Colorado:

    • The Air Force Secretary presented their findings to the President and recommended Colorado Springs as the continued destination for Space Command.
    • The President told them to change it to Huntsville Alabama. This occurred prior to the dissent of the certification of the electoral college results and subsequent insurrection.
    • It appears that in exchange for being awarded the permanent destination of US Space Command, Tommy Tuberville (Alabama Senator) and other Alabama House members voted to not to certify the electoral college results.

    Hope the location that is best for national security gets it - whether Colorado or Alabama 

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Tushar P.

    That's interesting. In terms of national security, I can see an argument for both locations. Space will be the next military domain, and I agree with you that the best location gets Space Command. Deep down, though, I am wanting Huntsville :) 

    Josh 

  • Member since 2019 · 332 posts · 171 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joshua McMillion:

    @Tushar P.

    That's interesting. In terms of national security, I can see an argument for both locations. Space will be the next military domain, and I agree with you that the best location gets Space Command. Deep down, though, I am wanting Huntsville :) 

    Josh 

    As Huntsville does have strong credentials, it may be unlikely that the ruling will be overturned. But the circumstances around the decision could also take away from Huntsville what it may truly deserve.

  • Rental Property Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 543 votes
    5y

    anybody have a team in place in Huntsville??  :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    @Kevin Hunter

    I just recently completed a remodel on my second door from long distances (CA to AL). I found an agent/pm/contractor/and preferred lender. If you are interested, let me know! 

    Sincerely 

    Josh 

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2019 · 487 posts · 658 votes
    5y

    I was reading a article this morning and thought I would share.

    https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2021/02/05/governor-urges-biden-administration-to-keep-space-command-us-lands-agency-in-colorado/

    Sincerely,

    Josh

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    5y

    This is great to see there is a push to overturn this last minute decision. Thank you for sharing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.