I built a marketplace specifically for seller-financed properties

I built a marketplace specifically for seller-financed properties

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I've been frustrated for a while with how hard it is to dig around for seller-financed deals on existing websites.

You're either clicking through Zillow hoping someone buried "seller financing considered" in the description, or browsing through tons of informal Facebook groups.

So I decided to build a purpose-built marketplace called SellerFinanceX. 

It's early and I'm actively looking for brokers and property owners who want to list. If you've got a deal with creative financing or know someone who does, I'd love to get it on there.

Site is sellerfinancex.com. Would love to hear any feedback from those that take a look.

Cheers.

0Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
5mo

if you can get traction this would be a nice service.. MLS and Zillow is pretty worthless for trying to filter to seller financing.. And getting sellers to describe up front what they would consider would be a huge help.

many that say seller financing.. then you inquire and they want 50 to 75% down which is not going to help most folks mine as well pay cash at that point. seller finance works at 25% or less down thats what motivates folks from what I see.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    5mo

    @Ryan Travers Great idea, there is definitely a gap there. You may also want to connect with your local REIA groups since a lot of seller-financed deals circulate there. I will take a look and share feedback.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5mo

    if you can get traction this would be a nice service.. MLS and Zillow is pretty worthless for trying to filter to seller financing.. And getting sellers to describe up front what they would consider would be a huge help.

    many that say seller financing.. then you inquire and they want 50 to 75% down which is not going to help most folks mine as well pay cash at that point. seller finance works at 25% or less down thats what motivates folks from what I see.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5mo

    I recommend you talk to Fred and Tracy Rewey- They have a lot of data on seller finance and can show you how to find seller finance potential deals as well. They do a lot in the seller finance space. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5mo

    Thanks, all! This is super helpful feedback. I'll definitely check out my local REIA groups and look to get in touch with Fred and Tracy Rewey. They seem to be the authority on seller financing data.

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    5mo

    I realize this is in the infancy, but not a single hit for a query using California.   It has a long ways to go to be real helpful.  

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Dan H.:

      I realize this is in the infancy, but not a single hit for a query using California.   It has a long ways to go to be real helpful.  


      there could be some licensing requirements with this as well. I guess the owner of the site is just selling advertising.. which is OK.. but to really be affective in the market place my thought is you need to spell out the terms better down payment and interest rate and how long  there are rules in advertising RE about spelling out the APR but that might only apply to licensed lenders and Brokers.. With land you could end up with a million listings since the majority of land is sold on terms or at least half of land deals are owner financed. 

      going to take some work to make this enterprise worthy but worth the effort.. I know there is the site investor lift and they I think advertise off market rentals. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.