Starting a Meet-up Groups in Los Angeles

Starting a Meet-up Groups in Los Angeles

Sylmar, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 47 posts 路 28 votes

Hey Guys,

I have noticed that the closest meetup events for The Greater Los Angeles Area are always in Riverside. I want something closer to my areas of operation (military term) and I have found 2 locations I can use. One in Downtown LA, and the other in Culver City. (2 more possibilities is Hollywood & The Valley)

    Wanted to see if any other members here would be interested in participating? I have found that too many groups are just way too pitchy or are trying to sell some MLM nonsense that is not even related to Real Estate.

      If this sounds like something you are interested in please leave a comment stating with the following information below. I will start to calendar some dates.

      1. Area, 
      2. Day(s) of the week you can meet up
      3. Frequency you'd like to meet

        Looking forward to meeting up with you all soon.

          Best,

          Ruddy

          15Reply
          389 views

          Most Popular Reply

          Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 18 posts 路 16 votes
          8y

          Hi @Ruddy Anthony Salazar

          There is a free BP meetup in Santa Monica the second Saturday of every month.  It's not sales pitchy at all.
           

          It starts at 11am and goes for a couple of hours.  Don't forget to bring your business cards because there's a lot of opportunity to network there.  It's located at 

          The UnUrban Cafe, 3301 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica

          Hope to see you there!

          Khoa

          See this reply in the discussion

          135 Replies

          Jump to latestLatest
          • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 9 posts 路 5 votes
            8y

            I'd be interested in the Culver area as well (or anything on the west side during the week)!

          • Sylmar, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 47 posts 路 28 votes
            8y
            Originally posted by @Will Barnard:

            The San Fernando Valley is definitely lacking in quality real estate Investment clubs. I was in the club circuit for many years and have spoken at events both locally and across the country. I have not been attending any on a regular basis for several years now for a number of reasons. Too busy doing deals which keeps my schedule full, got tired of the BS that appeared at several, and mostly logistics (there is just not any good ones I know of in the SFV which is convenient for me.

            If you get enough interest for the SFV, let me know (for weekdays).

            If we get the SFV meetup going, would you be interested in being one of our first speakers?

          • Sylmar, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 47 posts 路 28 votes
            8y
            Originally posted by @Account Closed:

            Hi! I鈥檓 in Culver City, I鈥檓 trying to figure out which LA Area meetings make the most sense for me as an investor and I also raise money for established Syndications across the country. I鈥檓 looking for off-market properties. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday seem to be best and Sunday also works for me. Once a month or how about a webinar group call? No fighting traffic!

            That is an interesting idea, I will see if that is something we can setup.

          • Culver City, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 1 post 路 2 votes
            8y

            I live in Culver City and would love to find a meet up like this that would suit my interests.  I have one rental so far (3/2 on Kauai, HI) and would love to discuss strategies in this crazy market.

          • Mindy JensenPro Member
            BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host 路 Longmont, CO 路 Member since 2014 路 7k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
            8y

            Moderator Note: All Meetups (once finalized) must be posted in the Events Forum.)

          • Rental Property Investor 路 Campbell, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 419 posts 路 499 votes
            8y
            Originally posted by @Patrick ONeal:

            I live in Culver City and would love to find a meet up like this that would suit my interests.  I have one rental so far (3/2 on Kauai, HI) and would love to discuss strategies in this crazy market.

            I鈥檓 in the Bay Area but all I do are 3/2 and 3/3s in Kauai... Poipu Kai area. 

            A meet up prob wouldn鈥檛 work for me but would love to chat anytime. This is my sweet spot 馃憤 

          • Will BarnardPro Member
            Moderator
            Developer 路 Santa Clarita, CA 路 Member since 2008 路 15k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
            8y
            Originally posted by @Ruddy Anthony Salazar:
            Originally posted by @Will Barnard:

            The San Fernando Valley is definitely lacking in quality real estate Investment clubs. I was in the club circuit for many years and have spoken at events both locally and across the country. I have not been attending any on a regular basis for several years now for a number of reasons. Too busy doing deals which keeps my schedule full, got tired of the BS that appeared at several, and mostly logistics (there is just not any good ones I know of in the SFV which is convenient for me.

            If you get enough interest for the SFV, let me know (for weekdays).

            If we get the SFV meetup going, would you be interested in being one of our first speakers?

             That is certainly a possibility, schedule and logistics permitting.

          • Downey, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 5 posts 路 1 vote
            8y

            I live in Downey, which is close to DTLA. I'm available to meet after work or on weekends. I currently have class on Tues./Thurs ( i'm still a student :) ). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! 

          • los angeles, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 56 posts 路 11 votes
            8y

            Thx Jerry/one and all... I am a new real estate investor with holdings but want to join the BP community to learn, grow, succeed and one day, foster others.  Culver City is best for me. Mon-Wed nights, Sat mornings ideal.  Did Culver City come together ?  Does South LA include Inglewood ?  

          • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 8 posts 路 0 votes
            8y

            Hi Ruddy..thanks for posting this....I would love to join a regular meet up in Culver City/west side area anytime for networking, discussion. I鈥檓 particularly interested in discussing multifamily, and ad value opportunities, experiences in Los Angeles. Thanks for starting this thread!

          • Real Estate Broker 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 112 posts 路 34 votes
            8y

            Great thread! I work in Downtown and live in Highland Park so I am open to anywhere within a few miles of those areas. As long as there's a date in advance, can do most days during the week. I work in both the Downtown and Highland Park office so we may have two possible venues for meetups if those areas interest a majority. Keep us posted!

          • Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 523 posts 路 476 votes
            8y

            Hi Ruddy, I am based in the South Bay (Redondo Beach/Torrance), but either Westside or DTLA could work - Thursdays are my best day, but given a few weeks notice I"d love to come to anything you set up. Thanks for arranging this. 

          • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 12 posts 路 2 votes
            8y

            In Culver City, but could also do Downtown.  Once per month sounds good. Flexible on Days.  Looking forward to it.

          • Investor 路 BAY AREA 路 Member since 2017 路 81 posts 路 21 votes
            8y

            the valley would be perfect for me and so would Valencia!

          • Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2018 路 11 posts 路 7 votes
            8y

            Culver, Hollywood, DTLA

            Weekdays after 5 / anytime on weekends!

          • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 1 post 路 0 votes
            8y
             I would most definitely be interested in a meet up in downtown LA  All day Saturday or Thursday night would work best for me as well. - Greg Preer
          • Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 3 posts 路 3 votes
            8y

            Los Angeles investor who invests out of state!

            Meet up interests; DTLA, Hollywood, Glendale or Los Feliz after 5pm weekdays any time Saturday  and after 2pm Sunday鈥檚.

            Thank you 

            Buashie

          • Will BarnardPro Member
            Moderator
            Developer 路 Santa Clarita, CA 路 Member since 2008 路 15k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
            8y

            Did any San Fernando Valley groups get set up yet? I did not see anything posted.

          • Lender 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 916 posts 路 647 votes
            8y

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar

            Brilliant Idea sir!

            My operational base is silver lake so DT la

            I can only meet weekends at any time. 

            Frequency, 1-2 times a month.

            Cheers and hope to see you soon

            JT

          • los angeles, CA 路 Member since 2013 路 7 posts 路 0 votes
            7y

            Hollywood area would be great

          • Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2011 路 122 posts 路 67 votes
            7y

            Another vote for DTLA!

          • Appraiser 路 South Pasadena, CA 路 Member since 2013 路 43 posts 路 6 votes
            7y

            Thanks for organizing. weekend, Thursday and Tuesday evening DTLA.

          • Rental Property Investor 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2017 路 6 posts 路 3 votes
            7y

            Hello All,

            Just checking in.  This thread is 8 months old, has anyone met in LA as result?  Did I miss it?   My original vote was for DTLA. 

          • Member since 2018 路 1 post 路 0 votes
            7y

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar I would also be interested in your meet up.  I'm in Thousand Oaks (@Paul Aguilar we are nearly neighbors), so the valley would be great.  

            Weekends are good, but once the new year hits I will be traveling every other weekend until May.  Tuesday's & Wednesday's work well for me, but will attend whatever I can if other days are chosen.  Once or twice a month would be great.

            Thank you for getting the ball rolling on a closer, non-pitchy meeting.  

          • Investor 路 BAY AREA 路 Member since 2017 路 81 posts 路 21 votes
            7y

            anyone in long beach?

          Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.