Starting a Meet-up Groups in Los Angeles

Starting a Meet-up Groups in Los Angeles

Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes

Hey Guys,

I have noticed that the closest meetup events for The Greater Los Angeles Area are always in Riverside. I want something closer to my areas of operation (military term) and I have found 2 locations I can use. One in Downtown LA, and the other in Culver City. (2 more possibilities is Hollywood & The Valley)

    Wanted to see if any other members here would be interested in participating? I have found that too many groups are just way too pitchy or are trying to sell some MLM nonsense that is not even related to Real Estate.

      If this sounds like something you are interested in please leave a comment stating with the following information below. I will start to calendar some dates.

      1. Area, 
      2. Day(s) of the week you can meet up
      3. Frequency you'd like to meet

        Looking forward to meeting up with you all soon.

          Best,

          Ruddy

          15Reply
          314 views

          Most Popular Reply

          Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 16 votes
          8y

          Hi @Ruddy Anthony Salazar

          There is a free BP meetup in Santa Monica the second Saturday of every month.  It's not sales pitchy at all.
           

          It starts at 11am and goes for a couple of hours.  Don't forget to bring your business cards because there's a lot of opportunity to network there.  It's located at 

          The UnUrban Cafe, 3301 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica

          Hope to see you there!

          Khoa

          See this reply in the discussion

          135 Replies

          Jump to latestLatest
          • Realtor · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 10 votes
            8y

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar I'd be interested in meeting, get to know others and talk RE. I'm not for the pitching thing either. The valley would be great for me since I'm in Simi Valley. @Jolene Blazey held one last month but I was unable to make it. Maybe she would be interested in this as well. 

            The weekends would work or Thursday night. A couple times or once a month would be good. 

            Hope this helps!

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @Paul Aguilar Awesome. I will make a note of it. If you can think of anyone else please feel free to tag them as well.

          • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 3 votes
            8y

             I would most definitely be interested in a meet up in downtown LA

             Weekends or Thursday night would work best for me as well. 

            Estela

          • Rental Property Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2016 · 324 posts · 178 votes
            8y

            @CJ Berina Holds a monthly meetup in Northridge

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @Estela H. Awesome. I will make a note of that. Thanks!

            @Walter Roby jr Thanks!

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 16 votes
            8y

            Hi @Ruddy Anthony Salazar

            There is a free BP meetup in Santa Monica the second Saturday of every month.  It's not sales pitchy at all.
             

            It starts at 11am and goes for a couple of hours.  Don't forget to bring your business cards because there's a lot of opportunity to network there.  It's located at 

            The UnUrban Cafe, 3301 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica

            Hope to see you there!

            Khoa

          • Real Estate Investor & Consultant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 620 posts · 386 votes
            8y

            There is also a great BP Meetup in South LA twice per month. Contact @Brandon Foster for more details. 

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar If you start one for DTLA I'd be interested. 

            Onward

            sjw

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 75 votes
            8y

            Thanks for the mention @Shawn Ward.  My fiance and I started the south Los Angeles meetup after we purchased our duplex south of USC.   Since the beginning we've been focusing on meeting with like minded people to help each other.  No sales pitch included.   Santa Monica is a great meetup as well.  There's some great guidance for purchasing out of town properties.  

            I'm a commercial real estate broker based out of downtown and I'd be happy to see another group formed in downtown to address the other areas outside of south Los Angeles.  The south Los Angeles meeting is held on the 3rd Saturday at 10 AM.   So any day/time outside of that works.  Maybe the 1st Saturday at 10 or 11 am?

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @Khoa P. Hey thanks for the info. Would definitely be interested in checking it out.

            @Shawn Ward Sweet, thanks for letting me know about Brandon Foster's meeting. I would definitely come out and support. DTLA is one that I am definitely wanting to do because I have a great spot on Spring & 5th.

            @Brandon Foster That can probably work. DTLA seems to be the most popular right now and it's the area I have the best spot for. 

            Thanks for the suggestions and input. I will keep everyone posted. Keep the thread going!

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 16 votes
            8y

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar - Let me know if/when you create your meetup.  I'll try to do what I can do to support you.

            @Brandon Foster - I live in South LA and would be interested in attending your meetup as well.  You mentioned the date and time but didn't mention a location.  Where is it typically held?

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 565 posts · 391 votes
            8y

            Hollywood.

            Any day.

            Once a month.

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @Khoa P. Okay will do.

            @Kevin Lefeuvre Awesome. I’ll make a note.

          • Investor · Culver City, CA · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 40 votes
            8y

            I am in Culver City and will attend.  Once a month is good. Most days are fine. 

          • Upland, CA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 4 votes
            8y

            I would attend a meet up in downtown or the valley!

          • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 9 votes
            8y

            Maybe a new meet up that isn't on a Saturday could be a good way to go. Adds more variety and also people could go to both Saturday and weekday events if they like. 

            Culver City would be awesome as well, but happy to come support wherever you decide.

          • Lender · Northridge, CA · Member since 2017 · 186 posts · 42 votes
            8y

            @Ruddy Anthony Salazar we might be one of the closest ones to you. Just out here in northridge. 15-20 mins depending what part of Sylmar you're in. Ours are every 3rd Thursday of the Month. 6:30-8:30pm. Potluck. Parking is on Reseda or Rayen. 

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @Jerry Murphy I have a place in Culver already, I am just trying to see if I can find a spot with better parking. It's not bad as far as Culver City Goes but we shall see.

            @Krissy Mussenden Doing them during the weekdays is the plan. I also think that different parts of the city attract different people. So that is why I am working to setup a few in key locations.

            @Gerard Watson  I'll make a note of it.

          • Sylmar, CA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 28 votes
            8y

            @CJ Berina Thanks, I'll check it out. I am usually all over town and I noticed that some people don't like to venture too far out so that's why I am considering starting a few in different places.

          • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
            8y
            Hi Ruddy Anthony Salazar I am in the valley too . I am an L.A native and have lived in many parts of L.A but live in the West Valley . Would prefer sometime Monday -Friday Take care , Joseph
          • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
            8y

            Who's going to Santa Monica meetup this Saturday at 11am?

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 25 votes
            8y
            I’d be interested if it doesn’t meet weekends during the day.
          • John KosterPro Member
            Investor · Valley Village, CA · Member since 2012 · 147 posts · 142 votes
            8y

            I'm in the east valley.

            Any day works.

            Once a month.

          • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 75 votes
            8y

            @Khoa P. The meetings are usually held next to Vermont Square Library (1201 W 48th St).  However, on March 17 at 10 am we are meeting at a member's flip in West Adams.  Address is 2624 7th Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90018.  She did an awesome job with the flip.  You should come and check it out.  

          • New to Real Estate · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
            8y

            Wednesdays or Fridays would be great. Downtown LA would be a good central place to meet. I'm new to BiggerPockets but would love to start meeting in person to network.

          • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
            8y

            Hi Everyone. In the SFV two times a month would be great. 

          Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.