Property manager in north county San Diego recommendations

Property manager in north county San Diego recommendations

Investor · Hampstead NC · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 46 votes

Hello! I have a SFH property in Oceanside CA and am looking for a property manager. I am already using a management company, but would like to find someone else. Unfortunately in my hunt for one, I have encountered many unresponsive property managers, or managers who simply don't follow up! I'd love to hear your recommendations :) I'm looking to make the switch in May 2021.

I am also looking for a contractor for new floors - recommendations welcome as well.

Thank you so much in advance!

0Reply
57 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · North County San Diego · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 16 votes
5y

I’ve had great communication with Beyond Property Management but ended up self managing. I’ll PM you their contact info. 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo I don’t have any experience on the owner side, but from the tenant side, Chamberlain Property management was great. Again no experience as an owner.

  • Investor · Hampstead NC · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 46 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Tim Hoh! They were one of the first few property managers I tried to reach out to when I first started looking last year, and they only sent me their marketing mailers even when I desperately asked them for contracts to sign haha. Very strange. But it's good to know that tenants find them good! 

  • Investor · North County San Diego · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    I’ve had great communication with Beyond Property Management but ended up self managing. I’ll PM you their contact info. 

  • Twana RasoulBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo

    Sent you a couple contacts

  • Real Estate Agent · North San Diego County · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 2 votes
    5y

    Hello Krystle, 

    My name is Leah Osborn and I oversee the Leasing and Marketing Department for Chamberlain Property Management. 

    They have been managing residential property in North San Diego County exclusively since 1986. Our growth from just a handful of properties to our current portfolio of more than 1500 homes, condos & apartments is a testament to our dedication and client satisfaction. I apologize that your first impression was less than satisfactory. We would like an opportunity to talk with you and figure out how we can best serve you moving forward. 

    We do provide a free consultation, prior to any paperwork, to assess your property and offer suggestions to get your home rent ready. I could have our specialist Nicole contact you at your convenience? 

    Hope you are having a great day!

    Kindly, Leah

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego/Chicago · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo hi Krystle!

    I cannot recommend Melissa Grace and the team at https://rentsimpli.com enough. They are family owned, take huge pride in their work, are very transparent on fees, and go above and beyond to deliver take care of their landlords. Their base fee is 8%, which causes some people to baulk, but they don’t have all the hidden or nickel-and-dime fees. When you do a side-by-side comparison all-up after all of the other fees and maintenance charges from other companies, I’ve found they are very competitive.

    I was just on the phone with Melissa today discussing a new property with her. I think you will be very happy with their work.

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Krystle! As an investor myself, I understand this frustration which was one of the major reasons I co-founded my own property management company in San Diego. Visit BridgeHaus Property Managers website and give Brittny in our office a call. She will take great care of you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 86 votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo - @Tim G.can help you with your floors.

  • Investor · Hampstead NC · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 46 votes
    5y

    Thank you so much everyone for your recommendations!! We've decided on Twana's go-to, Derrod Property Management. He's made it so easy for me so far, and I look forward to working with him.

    In the meantime, we are still looking for contractor contacts (thank you Simone for yours!) to help with flooring and potential bedroom conversion in the May/June timeframe.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 314 votes
    5y

    Glad you found someone. Just throwing out that I've rented FROM American Heritage Properties for over 20 years, & found them to be pretty good to work with. As far as I know our landlord is generally happy too.

  • Realtor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo , How have you liked your experience with Derrod Property Management? I am looking for a good PM in North Park San diego

  • Investor · Hampstead NC · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 46 votes
    5y
     @Darren Tsai:
    Ross and Stacey Derrod have been AMAZING so far. I highly recommend you give them a call. They know what it means to protect an asset for investors, all while being the kindest people to our tenants. Working with them vs our previous property management company (goldenwest- don't ever go there) has been like night and day!!!
  • Realtor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Krystle Khoo Thank you!! will def. use your recommendation

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.