Evaluating which company is the best for self directed Roth IRA/HSA

Evaluating which company is the best for self directed Roth IRA/HSA

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 2 votes

I have the goal is investing in real estate using my Self Directed Roth IRA. What is the information I should focus on when comparing companies like Horizon Trust and Equity Trust for Roth?

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y

    Paperwork.

    Years ago when I had a SDIRA, there was a lot of paperwork for everything. I got frustrated with all of it so eventually liquidated the IRA.

    We also stopped accept IRA investments in our syndications because we got tired of the added paperwork on our end. It isn't a ton of extra work for us to manage an IRA vs regular investor, but eliminating government-mandated paperwork (that adds no value) is a win.

  • Brett SynickyPro Member
    Solo 401k and SDIRA Consultant · Orange, CA · Member since 2013 · 873 posts · 498 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Monica Dejesus Ramírez:

    I have the goal is investing in real estate using my Self Directed Roth IRA. What is the information I should focus on when comparing companies like Horizon Trust and Equity Trust for Roth?

    Look at online reviews.  Consider checkbook control.  
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.