New to Flipping in SoCal - Looking to Learn & Connect

New to Flipping in SoCal - Looking to Learn & Connect

Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone,

I’m based in Orange County and currently work a W-2 job for a real estate developer. My experience is tied to budgeting and project management, and now I’m ready to start building my own portfolio.

I’m really interested in getting into house flipping and would love to connect with people who are active in the space. My goals are to learn the process hands-on, join local groups or meetups focused on flipping, and ideally find a mentor to help guide me.

For those of you who flip, what were your first steps that made the biggest difference? And are there any SoCal or OC-based groups you’d recommend joining?

Appreciate any advice or connections you can share!

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 142 votes
1y

@Chris Tarin Great to meet you here! I’m based in OC and currently working on flips throughout the area—one is hitting the market in North Tustin in a few weeks. Would love to set up a time to chat!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe HomsBusiness Member
    Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Chris Tarin always happy to connect with someone in the OC.  You just missed this meetup, but there is one every month.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/1249990-ocre...

    See you there and good investing...

    • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y

      @Joe Homs Thank you very much! I will look to attnend the August event. Happy to connect

  • Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 142 votes
    1y

    @Chris Tarin Great to meet you here! I’m based in OC and currently working on flips throughout the area—one is hitting the market in North Tustin in a few weeks. Would love to set up a time to chat!

    • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y

      @Thomas Lorini That would be great! I appreciate it. I requested a connection with you on here to discuss further

  • Flipper/Rehabber · CA · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Tarin:

    Hey everyone,

    I’m based in Orange County and currently work a W-2 job for a real estate developer. My experience is tied to budgeting and project management, and now I’m ready to start building my own portfolio.

    I’m really interested in getting into house flipping and would love to connect with people who are active in the space. My goals are to learn the process hands-on, join local groups or meetups focused on flipping, and ideally find a mentor to help guide me.

    For those of you who flip, what were your first steps that made the biggest difference? And are there any SoCal or OC-based groups you’d recommend joining?

    Appreciate any advice or connections you can share!


     Start with a live in flip, you'll learn alot. Take the 121 exclusion, rinse n repeat.

  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 641 votes
    1y

    Hi @Chris Tarin, nice to meet you here on BP. Sounds like you're in a great spot to get started, especially with your background in project management. Connecting with active flippers and walking real deals makes a huge impact. Look into OC REIA and local investor meetups—lots of people are open to sharing knowledge and partnerships. Excited for your journey ahead!

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club577 Reviews
    • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1y

      @Denise Supplee I think I have seen OC REIA on the Meetup app. I am going to give them a look. I appreciate it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.