Buying A Property In The US A

Buying A Property In The US A

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone my name is Kevin from Uganda Eastern Africa. I have been investing in real estate for a number of yours and I own over 70 units in Uganda am so happy to be on this platform.

I have  questions and I will appreciate your responses. Can a non USA citizen own property in USA looking at Seattle, Can I benefit from any credit facilities there to invest in property or as a non citizen I will have to invest 100% of my private capital, Is there a specific state that  that is friendly to non Citizens to purchase properties and lastly what is the legal procedure to follow when it comes to owning a property in USA.  

3Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

@Wodida Kevin

We have partners who are foreign investors. DM me, and I will send you contacts for attorneys, lenders, and accountants they have previously used. It is important that you hire professionals who have experience working with foreign investors.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Wodida Kevin

    We have partners who are foreign investors. DM me, and I will send you contacts for attorneys, lenders, and accountants they have previously used. It is important that you hire professionals who have experience working with foreign investors.

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Wodida Kevin:

    Hello everyone my name is Kevin from Uganda Eastern Africa. I have been investing in real estate for a number of yours and I own over 70 units in Uganda am so happy to be on this platform.

    I have  questions and I will appreciate your responses. Can a non USA citizen own property in USA looking at Seattle, Can I benefit from any credit facilities there to invest in property or as a non citizen I will have to invest 100% of my private capital, Is there a specific state that  that is friendly to non Citizens to purchase properties and lastly what is the legal procedure to follow when it comes to owning a property in USA.  


     You can certainly invest in the United States w/o living here. I sell over 100+ properties to OOS/OOC investors every year. You need the right lenders (it will still be expensive) and you have to buy in landlord friendly states (look into the Midwest where cashflow/appreciation are both present) and find a good realtor. 

  • Sean SmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 164 posts · 105 votes
    1y

    @Wodida Kevin it's exciting to hear you looking into the US real estate market. The United States is massive and it depends on your long-term goals where it makes most sense. 

    I'm an investor and broker in WA state with experience in this situation. The Greater Puget Sound is home to a massive international workforce pulling talent from the entire world to work at Microsoft, Meta, Amazon, Boeing, etc. so I'm quite familiar with helping people invest locally with varying citizenship status.

    It's very simple to invest in the US with cash.

    It becomes more complicated if you want use leverage. Most traditional lenders will only approve you for a mortgage if you have permanent citizenship with a Green Card, or temporary citizenship with H1B status. If you don't have either of these, you'll likely need to connect with private money lenders (which can sometimes be more costly) or partnership with someone stateside. 

    Depends on your situation, but no matter the path you choose it is very possible.

    Fellow Real Estate Services537 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 246 posts · 100 votes
    1y

    @Wodida Kevin  Yes, non U.S. citizens can own property in the U.S. You’ll need an ITIN, and financing is possible through foreign national loan programs (usually 25–30% down). Work with a CPA and attorney familiar with foreign investors. Florida and Texas are popular starting points. Good luck expanding into the U.S.!

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    We have loan programs available for foreign nationals if you need help!

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11mo

    I'd say Florida and Texas!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.