Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
19y
Hey there keepitmovin,
I too would have to agree with James I dont mean to be blunt but the way you put it out there suggest illegal matters! So what if someone does not want to sell there house move on with life and go to the next one. But you might want to listen to James the RE market is taking a major crap and you should capitolize on foreclosures right now! Thanks for your time and have a wonderful biggerpockets day!
What exactly are you trying to say cause from my point of view the way i read it you were suggesting to do it illegally! Can you explain?[/b]
I was absolutely NOT suggesting to do anything illegally and apologize if it seemed like it. I was saying that you simply cannot "make" someone do what they do not want to do.
Thats why investors make so many offers before one is accepted. Because we cannot make them sell on our terms all the time. So just keep moving along and looking at something different.
Real Estate Investor · Chester, VA · Member since 2008 · 41 posts · 1 vote
18y
lol... who said anything about strong arming people hahaha.. u guys have a creative imagination hahaha, anyway i meant more in the negotiations process lol....
Residential Real Estate Agent · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2008 · 27 posts · 0 votes
18y
Originally posted by "keepitmovin":
lol... who said anything about strong arming people hahaha.. u guys have a creative imagination hahaha, anyway i meant more in the negotiations process lol....
Considering housing situation we still keep our sense of humor. That is not bad, what do you think?))
Real Estate Investor · Chester, VA · Member since 2008 · 41 posts · 1 vote
18y
your right about that lol...., but all jokes to the side the negoiation process now Ive still haven't done my first deal I've been darn close 2 times and both times the buys back out or because i was working with a partner they wanted to take control and screwed the deal up, hence my last deal i was working on a duplex state assisted at 20,000, and the seller wanted 15,000 for the property. and She wanted to sell as for the taxes it was only 400 under which is not bad, so my mentor at the time said he wanted to speak with her being that he had 3 yrs of exp. i let him talk to her and as i listened to him he to me anyway he sounded untrustworthy. thru out the whole process. but the deal fell thru she stopped answering his phone calls due to his fast talking and pushiness to close the deal. anyway the AVR for the duplex was 175,000 -15000 for the building 400 for taxes, and 25,000 to 30,000 in repair cost and another 5000 for finders and negation fees for me. Now if u do the math it was a huge chunk of change for the buyer left over well worth the time to listen to seller and see what they wanted, but this guy tried to push the price down lower most deals have a 15 to 20% return for the investor this was well over 20%.
PS. also does anyone have any good assignment contracts
Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2008 · 11 posts · 0 votes
18y
i once heard... " a person convinced his or her own will is of the same opinion still" since then, i have decided to let people make their own choices on everything they want to do
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
18y
Forget the negotiations; the slick talk; the tricks and the gimmicks. I have bought dozens of rentals over the past 5 years and I find that people want the buyer to be honest and trustworthy. Using a bunch of slick guru negotiating tricks is NOT the way to gain a reputation of honesty and trustworthiness.
I am just honest with the seller. After looking at the property, I tell them that I am in business to make money and ask them what is the least they can take. If they say a number that works for me, I say - I'll take it. If their number is above mine, I'll say $XXX is the most I can pay. If they can't accept that, then I tell them to call me if they change their mind.
No silly negotiating techniques; no imaginary partners; no high pressure tactics; no tricks or gimmicks - just a little honesty and integrity.
Contractor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 1 vote
18y
You can always follow up with the owner every 3-6 months. You never know what may come up in their lives that will force them to sell.
You can also put different scenerios in front of them so they can see that they are better off selling it now. Eventually they'll give in
that was hard. Motivation and patience if you really wanted to win.but why would you force someone to sell if they dont feel to??? Find someone who is willing.
Real Estate Investor · Oroville, CA · Member since 2008 · 107 posts · 2 votes
18y
What this does is increase your percentage of closes.
It makes it easier for the client to decide.
It takes the pressure off and assumes a close. The psychology of this method is worth thousands of dollars a month.