What I've Learned in 7 years of Real Estate

6 Replies

After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad twice and Loopholes of Real Estate this week and listening to real estate investing podcasts like The Real Estate Guys, Bigger Pockets, and Rich Dad Radio, I feel obligated to share what I learned.

1. There's a lot I don't know.
2. Leverage is the key to real estate.
3. The tax benefits of investing in real estate are incredible and they are magnified by leverage.
4. I need to turn my ordinary income into passive income as quickly as possible or I keep giving the government a third of my income instead of creating a tax shelter.
5. There are opportunities around us everyday if we can train our minds to see them.
6. Helping others get what they want is the key to getting what you want.
7. J.O.B.- Just over broke. Some employees are paid just enough not to quit and work just hard enough not to be fired.
7. Not quitting and having a good attitude when you get knocked down is how people become successful.
8. Real Estate is a team sport.
9. Fear is a good thing and a fantastic motivator.
10. The social security program is a ponzi scheme and should not be relied on. Its sad how many elderly are living in poverty in their "golden years".

11. The answer is always no if you don't ask.

That was a great inspiration. You hit it the nail so hard on the head it sunk in!!!!! I totally agree with that. Can I just add something? Affirmations are great for controlling the mindset our minds have to be open to gain as much information in order to be successful. Your awesome!!!!!!

Amen!

Sounds like well wishing propaganda to buy more

You're attitude and knowledge are everything. We practice what we preach and we're in it for the long term. If you insist that you will never succeed, then you absolutely never will.

Originally posted by @Justin Case:

Sounds like well wishing propaganda to buy more

That is what I was thinking, but you said it best.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here