Eastern NC Newbie seeks advice on starting an area REI support group

Eastern NC Newbie seeks advice on starting an area REI support group

Investor 路 New Bern, NC 路 Member since 2014 路 20 posts 路 9 votes

While there are BP-ers in my area, and I have tried to connect via BP... no one seems to be responding. I've also looked online, and there don't seem to be any REI groups in the area either. I really want to connect with some like-minded folks! help?

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 Lusby, MD 路 Member since 2015 路 121 posts 路 36 votes
    11y

    Have you tried putting a MeetUp together?

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2014 路 212 posts 路 143 votes
    11y

    @Leann W.  people are not responding to your requests to connect?  Surprised to hear that and it's unfortunate given your and your husband's experience. Possibly you haven't encountered the right people yet.  Is there a reia? If not, find out through record searches who the rehabbers and landlords are in your area and try to connect with them. Best of luck to you. I grew up in the eastern part of the state as well. 

  • Investor 路 New Bern, NC 路 Member since 2014 路 20 posts 路 9 votes
    11y

    I've googled and found virtually nothing.  I guess there might be this fear factor that if we "get together" and help each other (as we are able)... That we're merely helping those with which we wind up competing with for deals?  The thought occurred to me yesterday that I could create a small gathering focused around say a BP PODCAST馃槣, have eats/ bevs... And talk about our stuff afterwards.  I'm struggling here.  Is there a forum convo on file that could help?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.