Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
17y
I have also read "Trump Style Negotiations" written by George H. Ross. I would not consider it the best of readings, but does have some valuable insight into some strategies and techniques. The references to the very very large deals is way beyond most of us, but the negotiation process is the same regardless of the size of the investment.
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
17y
I have also read "Trump Style Negotiations" written by George H. Ross. I would not consider it the best of readings, but does have some valuable insight into some strategies and techniques. The references to the very very large deals is way beyond most of us, but the negotiation process is the same regardless of the size of the investment.
Real Estate Investor · Select a State · Member since 2009 · 9 posts · 1 vote
17y
"Powerful Strategies to make huge profits and achieve Supremacy Negotiating Real Estate deals" by Phil Jones and David Bradley of www.richmastery.com
I think one of the best sayings about Negotiation comes from J. Paul Getty (1976)
"My father said you must never try to make all the money that's in a deal. Let the other fellow make some money too, because if you have a reputation for always making all the money, you won't have many deals".
Real Estate Attorney · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 0 votes
17y
"Getting Past No" is definitely the recommendation...I know law schools which actually use that book as part of teaching materials in negotiation workshops.
I have also read "Trump Style Negotiations" written by George H. Ross. I would not consider it the best of readings, but does have some valuable insight into some strategies and techniques.
Real Estate Consultant · Temecula, CA · Member since 2009 · 32 posts · 0 votes
17y
Must say the best book I have ever read on the topic is Real Estate Dealmaking: A Property Investor's Guide to Negotiating written by George Donohue who negotiated 90% of the twin towers prior to their destruction.
Seen him in a seminar, the real deal!
After reading that book my skills doubled! I honestly contribute the majority of my success on his principles!