Votes
Ryland Taniguchi
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Balancing Ying and Yang As A Real Estate Investor

Ryland Taniguchi
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 25 2016, 23:50

Ying is more of female energy. It is more relaxed, emotional, and passive like water in ice form. Yang is more like a male energy. It is like Grant Cordone's 10x... Highly action oriented and results driven.

As a real estate investor, you need both ying and yang.

I am definitely tend to be extremely yang. Go go go personality. Do it, fail and fix mistakes. The High D action-oriented personality. This approach gets me from A to Z and I get things done. But the collateral people damage along the way can be very stressful and not entirely healthy. Do you know any Tazmanian devil who run their business like a whirlwind, constantly changing and creating lots of messes? Well that's me.

If your a ultra yang, you need to balance with some ying. Can you sit present and empathize with others? Do you reflect on the impact of your real estate investing in others? Are you nurturing and cultivating relationships? Are your employees, vendors, and sellers satisfied and happy?

With ying, learn to be in touch with your emotions and the emotions of others. Laugh, dance, cry, sing, draw, enjoy a cup of tea with someone, hug your child, and embrace a loved one.

With ying, you'll be a yang that has to keep starting over and over. This yang approach will eventually get there but why not take a more holistic approach to your business now.

Surely, it is sad to make millions of dollars and burn bridges with all of your family, friends, employees and other relationships.

Loading replies...