What's your mission statement?

4 Replies

I just finished reading BP's "The Book on Managing Rental Properties" and there was an interesting suggestion to create a policy binder, complete with mission statement and values, to help you focus on what's important to you and your business. 

What's your mission statement? 

I'd love to hear from people who have written out their mission statement and values, and how that clear vision has been helpful to them. 

“Take joy in what we build and create, what we teach and believe."

We invest in real estate because we enjoy improving the homes in our community. We strive to help buyers, sellers and renters make one of the most important financial decisions in their life all while creating assets that we liken to art, while others validate our vision through financial compensation. We are creating a brand and a legacy that our kids, families, friends and community can be proud of while also shaping a lifestyle that allows us to pursue the things we enjoy most with those we love most.

@Casity Kao That’s really beautiful. I particularly like the part about leaving a legacy for your kids. It shifts the focus to the long term and doing what’s right and fair. 

@Rachel Brewster  Not sure if you wanted suggestions but I would try to step back and look really big picture if your companys wildest dreams came true what would you say they represent.  We also looked at the companies we felt embodied the culture we wanted and noticed alot of times their mission statement was totally different than what we thought. Ultimately we decided we wanted our work culture to be as much about enjoying the journey as much as the success because life is too short.

"To sustainably provide Safe, Clean, and Afforable housing for Single Parent households and Survivors of human trafficking"

It's possible to run a profitable business with the goal of serving both investors and the beneficiaries (renters) at the same time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here