Realtor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 122 posts · 63 votes
Hello BP community! I am trying to gain more knowledge and experience with understanding and predicting the real estate market. More specifically, how National and global issues affect the housing market positively and negatively. I’m sure everyone here knows about the trade tensions with China and other countries. How do you think that these trade changes will affect the housing market? Is it a safe assumption to think that the new tariffs on goods will cause the general cost of living to rise, ultimately resulting in a snowball effect that will lead to a bear market? I’m positive there are people here who know much more about the entire situation than I do, I just want to get a discussion started to see what you guys are thinking. Thanks!
-Cody Smith
Jay Hinrichs With farmers and individuals in those types of markets being hit the hardest, do you think that it would really only be those regions of the housing market that would be affected? Or do you think it could result in a wide spread epidemic to ultimately change the market as a whole? Just trying to understand if global impacts such as this one are things to take notice of as a potential contender in a market shift.
really don't know .. but I Know where it has affected me personally.. I spent about 250k this year more in lumber for my new builds than last year..
Realtor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 122 posts · 63 votes
8y
Jay Hinrichs With farmers and individuals in those types of markets being hit the hardest, do you think that it would really only be those regions of the housing market that would be affected? Or do you think it could result in a wide spread epidemic to ultimately change the market as a whole? Just trying to understand if global impacts such as this one are things to take notice of as a potential contender in a market shift.
Jay Hinrichs With farmers and individuals in those types of markets being hit the hardest, do you think that it would really only be those regions of the housing market that would be affected? Or do you think it could result in a wide spread epidemic to ultimately change the market as a whole? Just trying to understand if global impacts such as this one are things to take notice of as a potential contender in a market shift.
really don't know .. but I Know where it has affected me personally.. I spent about 250k this year more in lumber for my new builds than last year..
Realtor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 122 posts · 63 votes
8y
Jay Hinrichs Wow, that is quite a difference. I’m not knowledgeable at all about the building world, but I would assume that the change in the cost to build would result in a higher required cost to sell the homes? Or is the selling price still solely dependent on the market in that case?
Jay Hinrichs Wow, that is quite a difference. I’m not knowledgeable at all about the building world, but I would assume that the change in the cost to build would result in a higher required cost to sell the homes? Or is the selling price still solely dependent on the market in that case?
where it gets you is if you pre sell.. and lumber is going up monthly.. you end up eating it..