investing in bakersfield

investing in bakersfield

Vince RodriguezPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 52 votes

Hello gang,

i currently invest in bakersfield, have 9 doors and closing on 6 more next month. I am looking to expand my circle of like minded individuals so we can chat and share our network and experiences. let me know how you are going about finding deals in this covid market and are you still looking >?

thanks 

Vince 

7Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
6y

I live in Bakersfield and invest in the area. Also have properties in Tulare county a bit north of Bakersfield. 

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    I live in Bakersfield and invest in the area. Also have properties in Tulare county a bit north of Bakersfield. 

  • Gene HackerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Isabella, CA · Member since 2011 · 969 posts · 488 votes
    6y

    I have rentals in Kern County about 45 minutes east of Bakersfield.  I do inspections in Bakersfield and the market is crazy right now.  Multiple offers, bid wars, and low inventory.  

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I currently am getting my feet wet in real estate. I have a single family home that I am currently renting and an Airbnb that I have up and running. I really want to invest in Bakersfield and am willing to learn. 

  • Investor · gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Vince Rodriguez

    What's the Rents in Bakersfield, i noticed a lot under market?

  • Vince RodriguezPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    @Reyes Velasco Rents vary by area, west side of 99 is expensive. But my units run anywhere from $700 to $1100 for 1 to 3 beds. message me if you want to get involved in working togther. I am looking to expand more 

  • Investor · gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Vince Rodriguez thanks.

    Have you noticed the amazon warehouse have any positive impact on the economy in Bakersfield?

  • Vince RodriguezPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    6y

    @Reyes Velasco, I cant really tell but all my units pay rents on time all through the pandemic. It will be interesting to see what happens in Dec/Jan if they stop the unemployment boost benefits 

  • Gene HackerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Isabella, CA · Member since 2011 · 969 posts · 488 votes
    6y

    @Reyes Velasco, I talked with a buyer last week who was a recruiter for Amazon. He said they are going to be hiring a ton of people in October for the Bakersfield location.  Their goal is to be up and running for the Christmas buying season.  He said it will be close to 2000 new hires.

  • Investor · gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Gene Hacker

    Thats exactly what i heard as well, my friend told me when walmart opened their warehouse by shafter it help shafter jobs a lot.

    So expecting amazon to help job market in Bakersfield. Also heard hiring is gonna ramp up in October. Thanks. I want to position a rental around the amazon warehouse.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Oildale (the area where Amazon is) is super hot with flips right now. Lots of investors looking for deals around that part of town. Decent money to be had if you can get properties under 150K. Good place for rentals too. Some real rough spots so the further north the better.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 160 posts · 58 votes
    5y

    @Vince Rodriguez hey Vince, how are you? That’s a lot of doors to close on. In one month. Am also putting my efforts in Bakersfield. Looking to build long term assets their.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 160 posts · 58 votes
    5y

    @Dirk Michael Horn I once pulled up for a walkthrough on Washington, and saw some activity right in front. I baile on that. But going towards Wilson it’s a little better. I think

  • Vince RodriguezPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Javier Rosales will be there sunday the 8th in Bakersfield, closing on a little triplex off market deal and doing construction on another duplex. I highly recommend we all connect next sunday in bakersfield. Also bringing back my monthly meetups in Orange County. Next thursday in greenleaf 17th st

  • Kevork ArtinianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Vince Rodriguez I live in scv. I trying to lock down my 1st multifamily in kern County.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 160 posts · 58 votes
    5y

    @Vince Rodriguez any meetups in December, I would like to be their.

  • Vince RodriguezPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Javier Rosales hey boss, will be in Bakersfield Monday the 30th, doing a walk through inspection on 2 SFRs I have in put in offers on. Shoot me a message and we can exchange contact info. I'll have my team with me as well

  • New to Real Estate · Irvine, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi all, are there any turnkey providers in the Bakersfield area? What zip codes to consider investing in? I live in the Bay Area and looking to making my first rental investment. Appreciate any feedback.

  • Gene HackerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Isabella, CA · Member since 2011 · 969 posts · 488 votes
    5y

    @Dalia Darwish, I don't know of anyone that provides a complete "turn key" solution in Bakersfield.  I know @Sanjeev Advani helps a lot of out of town investors find suitable properties and handles management. 

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    5y

    @Dalia Darwish a lot of people from the Bay Area are coming to bakersfield to invest now. The area has a lot of development as well as job base growing. The areas to invest in will really depend on your investment goals. Fee free to PM me  to chat further as well! Best of luck! 

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey Sanjeev, I am interested in investing in the area(Bakersfield, Shafted, Tulare, Tehachapi, ect.) let’s link up! 

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    I started to invest in Bakersfield and  acquired five doors in 2020; have a goal of getting another eight this year. I also had a family member move there to handle property management efforts, be boots on the ground, and be a face for our future operation. I’m up for connecting digitally should there be any interest.

    IG @cleanm4

  • Investor · gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Paul Betancourt let’s connect I got my first property in Bakersfield this year

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    5y

    @Reyes Velasco what type of property did you get? Congrats  on your first property!

  • Investor · gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Sanjeev Advani it was a triplex on Norris in olidale

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    5y

    @Reyes Velasco nice! Congrats!  Hows that property doing for you?

    Feel free to reach out through PM if you would like as well!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.