property insurance

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchange" · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 239 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    yes but they frown on any recommendations being listed within the forum so if you email me directly, I will be happy to send. Important thing is to remember to only insure contents and if it is a condo or townhouse make sure you know exactly what is covered under the HOA's policy because I have seen them start to get a little technical over the years, but insurance companies are famous for that (usually the shell) and then if property is personally held in your name to have an umbrella policy and the person who carries you homeowners might have a solution but I have 7 rental properties in Duval county and I use same guy who I have found over the years to be reasonable.

    The final thing that I would add to this post is that, and only because it's happened to me personally, my father-in-law and I have seen it happen to many people while working for attorneys in law school, is secure and keep any and inspection reports, including copies of the ones that the insurance company does as part of its onboarding process, as well as any from prior owner, if that is even a possibility. I have been denied claims many times when something doesn't meet the definition of "suddenly and without warning".  They can either be your worst enemy or your best friend should you have a water damage claim especially living in Florida if a hurricane runs through.

  • Insurance Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 297 posts · 122 votes
    10y

    Hi Chad,

    I would recommend an independent broker with experience in investment properties. This type of agent can shop multiple carriers and work with you to find the best option.

    Feel free to message me directly with any specific insurance questions. I would be happy to help!

    - Jared

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    thanks guys!

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, Florida Area · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 48 votes
    9y

    State Farm Insurance has really good rates if they offer it in your area.

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    Hi @Chad Deberry did you find a good insurance agent in the end?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.