Aspiring investor in the Orlando area

Aspiring investor in the Orlando area

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hello BP Orlando community!

My partner and I are newbies to the real estate investing world and we are just starting to do our research and self education. We have narrowed our interest for a first property to SFR or small multi-family buy and hold, but we are open to learning about STRs (near the attractions) in the future.

We’re pretty overwhelmed with all of the things we don’t know especially since neither of us have any remote experience in real estate. I was hoping to post here to start making some connections and possibly pick some brains of the local experts. 

Looking forward to connecting!

2Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Shawn McCormickPro Member
Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
5y

@Kelsey Harding welcome to BP and investing. A great place to start with some self education in our market is to join CFRI.net. Its a non profit REIA that provides networking, education and access to mentors,partner programs and so much more.

I'm local and happy to let you pick my brain on STR or anything else that I may be able to help with. Good luck

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lindsey BuxtonPro Member
    Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 110 posts · 97 votes
    5y

    Hi Kelsey! There's a LOT to take in when you're first getting started. Wanted to share that BiggerPockets is launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. She's the host of the Real Estate Rookie podcast. It'll be a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your next deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the gears turning!

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    5y

    @Kelsey Harding welcome to BP and investing. A great place to start with some self education in our market is to join CFRI.net. Its a non profit REIA that provides networking, education and access to mentors,partner programs and so much more.

    I'm local and happy to let you pick my brain on STR or anything else that I may be able to help with. Good luck

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Lindsey Buxton thank you, I’ll check it out!

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kelsey Harding:

    Hello BP Orlando community!

    My partner and I are newbies to the real estate investing world and we are just starting to do our research and self education. We have narrowed our interest for a first property to SFR or small multi-family buy and hold, but we are open to learning about STRs (near the attractions) in the future.

    We’re pretty overwhelmed with all of the things we don’t know especially since neither of us have any remote experience in real estate. I was hoping to post here to start making some connections and possibly pick some brains of the local experts. 

    Looking forward to connecting!

     If you have any questions make sure your first stop is to search the bigger pockets forum. Most likely every question that you have right now you can find the answer to on the BiggerPockets forum. Also make an effort to connect locally with other investors. There are several local meetups that you can attend if you're interested. I'm local here in Orlando always happy to help in any way I can. Congratulations on taking the first step of posting here on the forum and letting people know that you're looking to get involved.

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Shawn McCormick thank you for the tip and willingness to help! We will be in touch :)

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gibson thank you! I’ll be sure to take a deeper dive into the forums. Do you have any specific local meet ups you can recommend?

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kelsey Harding:

    @Tyler Gibson thank you! I’ll be sure to take a deeper dive into the forums. Do you have any specific local meet ups you can recommend?

    I sent you a DM

  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 115 votes
    5y

    @Kelsey Harding where are you coming from to invest in Orlando? I’d be glad to hear more about your plans and scenario and connect you with real estate agents, title companies, conventional lenders etc. welcome to Orlando (even if remotely!). I’ve been here for 14 years and love it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.