Joliet Area REIA

74 Replies

Hello, Folks,

I'm looking for others interested in starting up a Joliet-area REIA.

Most of the known groups meet up in the western suburbs - Lombard, Elmhurst, Villa Park, even as far out as Crystal Lake. That's a mighty truck from Joliet, Shorewood, New Lenox, etc.

I've also seen some Indiana people express an interest in the Joliet area for meetings.

If you're seriously interested, please leave a reply. Please know that I will refer to your BP profile to find your e-mail address unless you private-message it to me - I understand that some don't want to post it to their profile. I will respect your privacy and only contact you in reference to this thread.

I would definitely be interested!

I'm interested. I don't know how often I can make it to meetings since I work shift work. But I would like to network and pick the brains of others. 

Ok. We have some interest.

While we watch for more inquiries, let me ask this...

To start with, my home in west Joliet might be suitable as meeting place until we gather steam. I'm near the Portillo's on Rt 59 just north of Black Rd. My second bedroom is setup as a conference room of sorts - I can seat about 8 people, I think, around the table.

Let's see if we get anymore interest. In the mean time, stay tuned...

Count me in. Please keep me posted.

Originally posted by @David Dachtera :

Ok. We have some interest.

While we watch for more inquiries, let me ask this...

To start with, my home in west Joliet might be suitable as meeting place until we gather steam. I'm near the Portillo's on Rt 59 just north of Black Rd. My second bedroom is setup as a conference room of sorts - I can seat about 8 people, I think, around the table.

Let's see if we get anymore interest. In the mean time, stay tuned...

Thats great to have others so close by. One of my biggest deterrents from joining a group was fear of a long commute. I'm about 10 minutes from you near PSHS. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

Hello David,

I am also interested in the meetings as well. Please feel to reach out to me

What would be a good evening for everyone?

I'm usually good any night but Thursday. I have a standing commitment that evening (it's in Downers Grove just off I-55 & Butterfield, but you'd be welcome to join me!)..

Count me in. Let's make this happen!

Just letting folks know I'm still here and listening.

The day job is getting in the way a lot right now.

If anyone is interested in a one-day Short Sales workshop in Downers grove, PM me. This Saturday, 11/20/2015 9am to 4pm. $50 for the day.

Hi David

I will be interested in attending the meetings in Joliet if they have commenced provided it works for me in terms of the timing. Please let me know.

Thanks

I'm still considering  doing this for 2016. Want to connect with NationalREIA and see what I need to be official.

Meanwhile, I can steer you onto a tax and legal workshop the weekend of Jan 22 and 23. The leader will be our tax and legal instructor. He's a CPA, JD / tax attorney. Published author, and hosts podcasts and an internet radio show. Some of his classes qualify as continuing education for some RE and financial professionals.

Friday, Jan 22 starting at 3pm is all about using QuickBooks in your REI business.

Saturday, Jan 23 is about tax planning and building your business entity stricture for maximum tax benefit and maximum protection against liability.

It will be in Downers Grove. $50 for both days. Nothing for sale at this event.

David J Dachtera

"Success is not a destination. Failure is not an event. Success is a process, failure is a choice."
- DJ Benedict

Thanks for the info David. Where in Downers Grove is the event?

I'm also in the West Joliet area and would be interested in attending. Keep me posted as things progress.

Originally posted by @MAHESH RAMACHANDRAN :

Thanks for the info David. Where in Downers Grove is the event?

So sorry! Just found your reply in this thread!

Well, this weekend we have our newest instructor coming out to talk about raw land development, a new class. He has recorded the class, and its in post-production right now being edited. Should be available on-line come summertime.

We're near the intersection of I-355 and Butterfield Road, just west of Yorktown. Send me a colleague request or a PM for the exact address.

David J Dachtera

"Success is not a destination. Failure is not an event. Success is a process, failure is a choice."
- DJ Benedict

I would also be interested!

Yes! I'm still alive and living in West Joliet!

I'm off the week of April 11th. I'll be able to get the house presentable and get the conference room (2nd bedroom) together.

Be advised that I do have a cat - short-haired grey kitty, not sure what breed. If you have allergies, my apologies - bring your medication. I'll put her in the master suite while I have guests over.

I can seat about 12 around the table. I have a 32 inch flat screen for presentations and a flip chart with markers and an easel.

I'll try to stock spring water (Ice Mountain), and I have a Party Perk for coffee.

The location is across from Portillo's, east side of Rt 59, north of Country Glen (Pheasant Landing subdivision).

Would Wednesday, April 20th, 7pm work for everyone?

David J Dachtera

- DJ Benedict

Interested!
I live in the Joliet Area Work 45 hours/week as an Accoutant during the day. Also I am A Real Estate Broker working 24/7. So I have little time in between and would like to attend if there was a closer one.

I'm also interested in a Joliet specific REIA. I'm willing to help out with any organization as well...just let me know what I can do.

Hey David, I would be interested! This is a great idea since there is no other REIAs nearby.

Edit: just noticed this was from 7 months ago.

I spent the morning in Joliet. Very interested in learning how to best invest there in light of the new warehouse developments and job surge. I would love to connect with this group.

I am interested. Please include me with the emails

For what it's worth, looks like ChicagoREIA is planning a Joliet Chapter. It's in their list of Chapters, but doesn't currently have a venue or a meeting scheduled. The "Learn More" button in the Chapter list links to the associated MeetUp.com page. Their main meeting is 2nd Wednesday of the month in south Elmhurst (Oak Brook) at Waterford Banquets.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here