Joliet Area REIA

76 Replies

I work about 70 hours a week through the entire month of November. Every November. So I'm a bit tied up until December. If we don't have a group established by December, I'll start a meetup group and post it on here for everyone. If the Chicago REIA gets active with a group here before then, that would be great and if anyone hears of activity in the area, please share it with all of us.

this thread has been going on for over a year; how about we start just a general networking one? we can do it at the portillo's in Bolingbrook. another group in  just take up a couple of tables; can network and stuff; no real agenda; just a place for people to swap info and learn. we could do it the 3rd Thursday of each month starting in april. sound good?

I work during the day that week. What time was everyone thinking? I will definitely go if its after 5pm. It would be great to hear others success/ horror stories. 

Wait. Nevermind. You said April. I actually work from 2pm to 11pm that week. I was looking at the 3rd Thursday of March. I can do this month. I have a sporadic work schedule.

I would love to see a Joliet area networking event happen as well. I just started a yellow letter campaign and the opportunity to network with locals investors would be tremendous. I am on the hunt for partners, cash buyers, mentors, and mentees. I am a small fish but I'm always happy to share what I have learned about the Joliet market.

@Greg Barbre ,

Dunno how you feel about Chicago REIA (Andrew Holmes), but they're quite a bit closer to you. They meet at the Waterford Banquet & Conference Center, 933 S. Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. I believe they meet 2nd Wednesday of the month.

The group I'm connected with meets right there in Downers every week. PM me for the address, etc.

Lets get the ball rolling here people. What day of the week works best for everyone? I vote some time during the weekend as I'm pretty stacked during the week.

Lets get a head count of those interested then we can nail down a location.

Originally posted by @David Dachtera :

@Greg Barbre ,

Dunno how you feel about Chicago REIA (Andrew Holmes), but they're quite a bit closer to you. They meet at the Waterford Banquet & Conference Center, 933 S. Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. I believe they meet 2nd Wednesday of the month.

The group I'm connected with meets right there in Downers every week. PM me for the address, etc.

@david dachtera Andrew holmes will just try to sell you a bunch of crap; he has a radio show; puts on seminars; he is a GURU and and an expensive one on that. 

Originally posted by @Scott W. :
Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

@Greg Barbre ,

@david dachtera Andrew holmes will just try to sell you a bunch of crap; he has a radio show; puts on seminars; he is a GURU and and an expensive one on that. 

Yeah, I know. 

He DOES have some accomplished people attending his meetings, though. 

There are many groups out there where they wont sell u sometging like this guy does. there is one in glendale hts that meets at the portillos the 4th mibday of the month. I know some people that have to do his. Its just some pumped up sales program to get y to do go to his seminars.

Leave your credit card at home!

For those who are still looking to network w/ other investors. 2 REIA in the western suburbs that I have attended that is just pure networking.

1. Dupage County real estate investing hosted by @Michael Barbari in downers grove. 

https://www.meetup.com/DuPage-County-Real-Estate-I...

2. Chicago Area real estate investor association

https://www.meetup.com/CAREIA/

President is Ben Walhood. 1 of the podcast guest. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/06/0...

I have attended just about every single one you can attend. Some I know are started by people that were asked to leave other, more established groups, because they have been dishonest, etc with other members. Others, as someone shared, are nothing but a stroke to someone's ego as well as a way for them to make money. They make their money selling stuff, not investing. If you want to PM me, I would happily share with you my thoughts and personal experiences. I don't want to get into mudslinging, so just drop me a message.

Networking is crucial to success, but networking with honest and helpful people is the best.

Originally posted by @Frank Grigus Jr :

Did the ball ever get moving on a Joliet area meet up? I'd be highly interested. 

I tried but as you can see from a few post up that I asked everyone what days would work best but no one responded.

Im most available on the weekends.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here