Joliet Area REIA

Joliet Area REIA

Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes

Hello, Folks,

I'm looking for others interested in starting up a Joliet-area REIA.

Most of the known groups meet up in the western suburbs - Lombard, Elmhurst, Villa Park, even as far out as Crystal Lake. That's a mighty truck from Joliet, Shorewood, New Lenox, etc.

I've also seen some Indiana people express an interest in the Joliet area for meetings.

If you're seriously interested, please leave a reply. Please know that I will refer to your BP profile to find your e-mail address unless you private-message it to me - I understand that some don't want to post it to their profile. I will respect your privacy and only contact you in reference to this thread.

3Reply
313 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
9y

For those who are still looking to network w/ other investors. 2 REIA in the western suburbs that I have attended that is just pure networking.

1. Dupage County real estate investing hosted by @Michael Barbari in downers grove. 

https://www.meetup.com/DuPage-County-Real-Estate-I...

2. Chicago Area real estate investor association

https://www.meetup.com/CAREIA/

President is Ben Walhood. 1 of the podcast guest. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/06/0...

See this reply in the discussion

79 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Aurora, IL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I would be interested in attending this meet-up as well.

  • Nate LawsonPro Member
    Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I would also be interested in attending a Joliet meeting.

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Is someone looking to arranging this?

  • Plainfield, IL · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Count me in too! Has anyone gotten together for a meetup yet?

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I am interested in a meet up as well. 

  • Nate LawsonPro Member
    Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Anything new on this idea? Really interested in a Joliet meeting.

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    We really like Chicago REIA... lots of good information. A Joliet location would be great!

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    9y

    this thread has been going on for over a year; how about we start just a general networking one? we can do it at the portillo's in Bolingbrook. another group in  just take up a couple of tables; can network and stuff; no real agenda; just a place for people to swap info and learn. we could do it the 3rd Thursday of each month starting in april. sound good?

  • Rental Property Investor · St Joseph, MI · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 106 votes
    9y

    I work during the day that week. What time was everyone thinking? I will definitely go if its after 5pm. It would be great to hear others success/ horror stories. 

  • Rental Property Investor · St Joseph, MI · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 106 votes
    9y

    Wait. Nevermind. You said April. I actually work from 2pm to 11pm that week. I was looking at the 3rd Thursday of March. I can do this month. I have a sporadic work schedule.

  • Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2013 · 44 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    I can do the 3rd Thursday of each month

  • Architect · Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 207 posts · 119 votes
    9y

    I would love to see a Joliet area networking event happen as well. I just started a yellow letter campaign and the opportunity to network with locals investors would be tremendous. I am on the hunt for partners, cash buyers, mentors, and mentees. I am a small fish but I'm always happy to share what I have learned about the Joliet market.

  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I would be interested in networking as well.  Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Greg Barbre,

    Dunno how you feel about Chicago REIA (Andrew Holmes), but they're quite a bit closer to you. They meet at the Waterford Banquet & Conference Center, 933 S. Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. I believe they meet 2nd Wednesday of the month.

    The group I'm connected with meets right there in Downers every week. PM me for the address, etc.

  • Sam L.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 85 votes
    9y

    Lets get the ball rolling here people. What day of the week works best for everyone? I vote some time during the weekend as I'm pretty stacked during the week.

    Lets get a head count of those interested then we can nail down a location.

  • Investor · Chicago , IL · Member since 2014 · 159 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    I would be interested in being a member of this group. Please keep me in the loop as well!

  • Bolingbrook, IL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 7 votes
    9y
    Please keep me updated as well. I'm in Bolingbrook.
  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Greg Barbre,

    Dunno how you feel about Chicago REIA (Andrew Holmes), but they're quite a bit closer to you. They meet at the Waterford Banquet & Conference Center, 933 S. Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. I believe they meet 2nd Wednesday of the month.

    The group I'm connected with meets right there in Downers every week. PM me for the address, etc.

    @david dachtera Andrew holmes will just try to sell you a bunch of crap; he has a radio show; puts on seminars; he is a GURU and and an expensive one on that. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Scott W.:
    Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

    @Greg Barbre,

    Dunno how you feel about Chicago REIA (Andrew Holmes), but they're quite a bit closer to you. They meet at the Waterford Banquet & Conference Center, 933 S. Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. I believe they meet 2nd Wednesday of the month.

    The group I'm connected with meets right there in Downers every week. PM me for the address, etc.

    @david dachtera Andrew holmes will just try to sell you a bunch of crap; he has a radio show; puts on seminars; he is a GURU and and an expensive one on that. 

    Yeah, I know. 

    He DOES have some accomplished people attending his meetings, though. 

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    9y

    There are many groups out there where they wont sell u sometging like this guy does. there is one in glendale hts that meets at the portillos the 4th mibday of the month. I know some people that have to do his. Its just some pumped up sales program to get y to do go to his seminars.

    Leave your credit card at home!

  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
    9y

    For those who are still looking to network w/ other investors. 2 REIA in the western suburbs that I have attended that is just pure networking.

    1. Dupage County real estate investing hosted by @Michael Barbari in downers grove. 

    https://www.meetup.com/DuPage-County-Real-Estate-I...

    2. Chicago Area real estate investor association

    https://www.meetup.com/CAREIA/

    President is Ben Walhood. 1 of the podcast guest. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/06/0...

  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 213 votes
    9y

    I have attended just about every single one you can attend. Some I know are started by people that were asked to leave other, more established groups, because they have been dishonest, etc with other members. Others, as someone shared, are nothing but a stroke to someone's ego as well as a way for them to make money. They make their money selling stuff, not investing. If you want to PM me, I would happily share with you my thoughts and personal experiences. I don't want to get into mudslinging, so just drop me a message.

    Networking is crucial to success, but networking with honest and helpful people is the best.

  • Coal City, IL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Did the ball ever get moving on a Joliet area meet up? I'd be highly interested. 

  • Sam L.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 85 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Frank Grigus Jr:

    Did the ball ever get moving on a Joliet area meet up? I'd be highly interested. 

     I tried but as you can see from a few post up that I asked everyone what days would work best but no one responded.

    Im most available on the weekends.

  • Nate LawsonPro Member
    Joliet, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I also, would prefer a weekend day as I work from 6-6 during the week. If a week day is settled upon, I will try to make it as I am really interested in networking with like minded people. I'll keep an eye out for responses.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.