Joliet Area REIA

Joliet Area REIA

Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes

Hello, Folks,

I'm looking for others interested in starting up a Joliet-area REIA.

Most of the known groups meet up in the western suburbs - Lombard, Elmhurst, Villa Park, even as far out as Crystal Lake. That's a mighty truck from Joliet, Shorewood, New Lenox, etc.

I've also seen some Indiana people express an interest in the Joliet area for meetings.

If you're seriously interested, please leave a reply. Please know that I will refer to your BP profile to find your e-mail address unless you private-message it to me - I understand that some don't want to post it to their profile. I will respect your privacy and only contact you in reference to this thread.

3Reply
324 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
9y

For those who are still looking to network w/ other investors. 2 REIA in the western suburbs that I have attended that is just pure networking.

1. Dupage County real estate investing hosted by @Michael Barbari in downers grove. 

https://www.meetup.com/DuPage-County-Real-Estate-I...

2. Chicago Area real estate investor association

https://www.meetup.com/CAREIA/

President is Ben Walhood. 1 of the podcast guest. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/06/0...

See this reply in the discussion

79 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    We will start... Days - Mon, Tues, Thur after 6:pm is good.  Sunday after 3pm is good. 

  • Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    White Oak library in Crest Hill doesn't charge for their rooms but their is an application process. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Panera Bread at Caton Farm & Rt 59 has a meeting (Community) room. It's small, but it's free.

  • Flipper · Plainfield, IL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Sundays after 3 would work for me as well because I work every other Saturday. 

  • New Lenox, IL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hello, We are just beginning to educate ourselves on real estate investing and looking to get started. Would definitely be interesting in a local meet up to share ideas and meet other investors.

  • Coal City, IL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 14 votes
    9y
    I work a swing shift so it really depends on the week. Regardless, if I'm off I'll be there.
  • Architect · Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 207 posts · 119 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone - I'm hosting a meetup on October 11th. You can find the details here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/48...

    I tried to send a message to everyone in this thread but just wanted to toss it out here in case I missed anyone.

  • Rental Property Investor · Channahon, IL · Member since 2018 · 161 posts · 103 votes
    7y

    @Gideon Blustein, count us in.  See you then!

  • Rental Property Investor · Coal City, IL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed I've been pleasantly surprised at how willing local landlords/investors/realtors are to network and share information. I don't have a large portfolio, but the local network has been great. 

  • Lockport, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi!

    I noticed some of the faces here on another thread I read about an upcoming breakfast. Do you guys have any Joliet meet ups other than breakfast? I would like to start attending some events in this area. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Channahon, IL · Member since 2018 · 161 posts · 103 votes
    7y

    @Keith Jenkins upcoming meet up being planned now.  More information on ‘Joliet real estate investors’. Looks like end of November, but not certain yet.   

  • Wholesaler · Woodridge, IL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! You don't need money to get some things happening. All investors are looking for properties. If you can find a property that needs some work, and that an investor might be able to negotiate a purchase off the MLS, you can earn "Bird Dog" money, for finding the deal. The next step after that -- again, without your own money invested -- is that you would get a property under contract, then sell the contract (no need to even own the property, just sell the contract) to an investor with a nice fee for yourself added in. That's a wholesale deal.

    I buy from wholesalers, and I'm interested in the Joliet, Romeoville, Crest Hill areas. I am a Realtor, so I already see everything listed on the MLS (or Zillow, etc.). And I own properties in Joliet and Romeoville, so I know the areas very well, and have some areas (downtown Joliet) that I have no interest in (so even though you can buy houses there for $20,000, no thanks).

  • Rental Property Investor · Joliet IL · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hello, when is the next Joliet meeting?

  • Rental Property Investor · St Joseph, MI · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 106 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James J Luka:

    Hello, when is the next Joliet meeting?

     I haven't checked this thread for quite a while. Not sure anyone else is checking it but the group does meet up once a month. They primarily use facebook to get the word out. @Aaron Mikottis is the ring leader. Look him up on facebook and you should be able to find the next meeting. Good luck.

  • Architect · Joliet, IL · Member since 2015 · 207 posts · 119 votes
    7y

    Yep, we are having out regular meeting next week Wednesday. Join our Facebook group to stay plugged in there. I also post events on the BP forums - just set an alert for Joliet. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Coal City, IL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    JRLA General Membership Meeting

    Thursday, April 11th 2019

    6:30 networking, 7pm program

    Jameson's Pub, 2755 Black Road, Joliet

    The meeting will be focused on financing single family and multi-family deals with presentations from a local lender and the Chicago Community Loan Fund . Cross posted in the marketplace events section. 

    The Chicago Community Loan Fund

    The mission of the Chicago Community Loan Fund is to provide flexible, affordable and responsible financing and technical assistance for community stabilization and development efforts and initiatives that benefit low- to moderate-income neighborhoods, families and individuals throughout metropolitan Chicago (Including Will County).

    CCLF was created to ensure that Chicagoland community developers (including small and emerging groups) would have a lender to turn to for harder-to-underwrite projects and enterprises. CCLF often works with challenging but promising projects that other financial institutions will not or cannot finance.
  • Rental Property Investor · Coal City, IL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    7y
  • Rental Property Investor · Coal City, IL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    Landlord's Breakfast: Thursday 6/27, 8am at Big Apple Restaurant in Joliet. No agenda, just landlords having breakfast.

  • Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Is this REI network still meeting? I see the last post is seven months old. I'm looking to network with local REIs in the joliet area. Anyone still regularly meeting in the area?

  • Jason MarcordesPro Member
    Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 154 posts · 91 votes
    6y

    @Vince Roddy - There's an REI meetup on 1/22 @ 7pm at the Jameson's in Joliet. I don't have the link at the moment but it's on the BP events. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send it your way.

  • Investor · Chicago suburbs · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Please include me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.