Visting Indiana 4/26-4/30 to build a team!

7 Replies

Hi all!

My name is Elliott, and I'm a buy and hold investor from Sacramento, CA. My business partner and I just booked a red eye out to Chicago on April 25th. We will be driving over to Indiana early morn on the 26th to take a look at great buy and hold areas for us to target, and build a team. We plan on buying our first deal at a discount with cash (actual cash, not private money), rehab, and refinance our initial investment back out to repeat the process. After our visit we plan to drop a direct mail campaign of 1000-2000 letters a month to the area(s) we like most. Year end goal is to be able to perform simultaneous acquisitions/rehab/rent/refis. We plan to acquire 15-20 B-class SFR's within the next 2-3 years and transition to multifamily at that point!

-Our first stop is going to be NW Indiana (Hammond, merrillville, etc...) on Tuesday morning and we will be spending a whole day there.

-Then we will be spending Weds-Fri in Indianapolis (with a possible visit to Purdue in Lafayette on one of these days).

-Before we depart on Saturday night, we would like to spend the first half of the day at Notre Dame in South Bend).

We are looking to spend our time driving key neighborhoods and meeting with key members of our future team. 

If you know of a driven/investment savvy real estate agent, an experienced/organized property manager, and a reliable/efficient contractor in the areas listed above please put me in touch so we can speak this week and meet in person next week.

We want to bring the right people on board to reach our goals together immediately!

Cheers,

Elliott

I'm an investment savvy agent in Lafayette serving the Greater Lafayette, IN area (including West Lafayette and Purdue University).  Coincindentally, I'm also from the Sacramento area. Give me a call to get acquainted and sync up.

I look forward to speaking with you,

Don

Welcome to Indiana @Elliott Elkhoury ! I just dropped you a note as well. Looking forward to speaking with you!

who's touring you around NWI?

Thanks for all the responses! I will be getting in touch with you soon. I want this trip to be booked solid.

@Adrien S. We were going to just set a bunch of appointments, and with our spare time tour ourselves. That'll probably be a little tricky so we figured just buy a big paper map and study the comps before we head up there so we can mark up certain areas that we want to dissect. What do you suggest??

I'd be open to grabbing coffee or lunch with you when you're here if you have time. Bring your big paper map and I'll help you navigate the different areas. 

That's a lot of stuff and areas to cram into 3-4 days... Your target of B class neighborhoods would put you in the 80-125k ARV range here in Indy... You can shoot for some of the up-coming inner city neighborhoods, and I am sure I am not telling you anything when I say the competition is extremely fierce! You may be better off looking for lower hanging fruit outside the loop. Are you familiar with short sales, subject-to, etc? Those may be strategies to get you what you need.

I own a brokerage here in Indy, we specialize in working with out of state and international investors... We can help you with purchase, any level of rehab, property management, and sales. We are happy to help you with any piece or part of that puzzle.. Give me a call!

Originally posted by @Elliott Elkhoury :

Hi all!

My name is Elliott, and I'm a buy and hold investor from Sacramento, CA. My business partner and I just booked a red eye out to Chicago on April 25th. We will be driving over to Indiana early morn on the 26th to take a look at great buy and hold areas for us to target, and build a team. We plan on buying our first deal at a discount with cash (actual cash, not private money), rehab, and refinance our initial investment back out to repeat the process. After our visit we plan to drop a direct mail campaign of 1000-2000 letters a month to the area(s) we like most.  . 

Let me know if get any assets that don't fit your criteria.  I'll buy anything in any condition in and around the Indy Metro area!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here