Current eviction (unlawful detainer) list - Indianapolis

Current eviction (unlawful detainer) list - Indianapolis

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes

Hello, I am trying to find out a way to pull a list of current and past evictions in Marion County (Indianapolis) for a new mailing list. I have already called the Clerk of Courts (28 minutes on hold) and also searched their online tool. Both told me that you have to have 1 of 4 things to search; Case, Citation, Reference or Attorney. They don't have a list of evictions on hand either. There seems to be no way to search all evictions either current or past.

I also don't want to search their site against my Listsource of 60k+ absentee owners. That will take until next year and by then the motivated sellers will have sold.

Anyone have ideas on a finding the name of all lawyers who do evictions? I tried searching the Indiana Bar website and found no results for unlawful detainer or eviction lawyers. 

Any other ideas?

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    I usually go through and search by name, specifically last name. Rather than typing full names in, I put in an asterisk to wildcard it. So for example, I'll search cases in the last 30 days with an a*. It will give me all those that have a last name that starts with an A on either side of the of case. It still takes a lot of work but it is better than going line by line of your absentee owner list. If you know which district/court handles evictions it will be even faster. I generally check Hendricks County and District court 5 usually handles evictions. Once I have a list of names, I look up the tax records and and add to my mailing list.

    I hope that is somewhat helpful for you. 

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Joe Horan! That helps a lot! It's definitely a start. I believe Civil Court in Marion county covers all evictions but I will do some research there for sure.

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Alex Brant can I ask if you managed to put together your mailing list? I'm only active in a few small pockets of Indy. But if you have a list of address, owner's name, and date of recent eviction, I'd love to discuss.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.