Looking to connect with OOS investors in IN

20 Replies

Hi Everyone,

A late happy new year to all! I am looking to invest out of state in 2019, and I am currently considering the Indianapolis market. I am located in New Jersey so it would be great to chat with other investors / actors in the market and get some perspective on potential team members, neighborhoods, prices, etc. I have seen plenty of posts discussing growth in the area and some basic analysis shows that properties are certainly priced favorably (price to rent ratio, etc.) when compared to my home market.

My strategy will be to use the BRRRR method (unique, I know) to invest in SFR and MFR (when available) for positive cash flow and to use a full-service team (agent, contractor, PM). Also, I am looking for a HML to help finance the first few as I grow.

Again, any advice / comments would be very appreciated. Thank you for your time if you're still reading :-)

Best,

Cody

Let’s set up a time to chat. I’d love to hear more. 

My company, LIV Indy, helps OOS investors find, rehab, manage and sell their properties. We’re a one stop shop of sorts. 

Shoot me a message or email if you’d like to coordinate a time to talk. 

Matt 

Cody,

I'd highly encourage you to talk with Jeff Wallenius of North Peak Investments.  Honest, reliable and professional.  Offers full turn-key solutions as well as a variety of financing options.  Really encourage you to do your due diligence on anyone you talk to as we've had a few bad experiences here.   Jeff's been featured on Bigger Pockets podcasts (#241) and has invested extensively in the Indianapolis market.   

http://www.northpeakinvest.com/about-us/

Good luck!

Originally posted by @Matt Speer :

Let’s set up a time to chat. I’d love to hear more. 

My company, LIV Indy, helps OOS investors find, rehab, manage and sell their properties. We’re a one stop shop of sorts. 

Shoot me a message or email if you’d like to coordinate a time to talk. 

Matt 

 Hi Matt,

That sounds great - I will shoot you a message and go from there.

Cody

Originally posted by @Marc Santoro :

Cody,

I'd highly encourage you to talk with Jeff Wallenius of North Peak Investments.  Honest, reliable and professional.  Offers full turn-key solutions as well as a variety of financing options.  Really encourage you to do your due diligence on anyone you talk to as we've had a few bad experiences here.   Jeff's been featured on Bigger Pockets podcasts (#241) and has invested extensively in the Indianapolis market.   

http://www.northpeakinvest.com/about-us/

Good luck!

Hi Marc,

Thanks for information. I appreciate the honest and referral - I will definitely not be jumping into anything - I appreciate how much I don't know and that it will require patience and persistence to successful at this.

What kind of investing do you do in the area?

bump

Cody, I agree with Marc Santoro! I am personally working with Jeff Wallenius and have seen inventory and work here in Indiana.

He is great to work with new investors every step of the way.  Highly recommend Jeff and his team if you are looking for turn-key assets to start with.

@Cody Z. I am also an out of state investor with both rentals and single family new builds. Best folks to contact are the guys at Bildwise (@Ritch Bonisa ) they are fantastic in providing boots on the ground, scope of rehab quotes and then running the rehab (or new build) as your project manager. 

PM me if you want to talk specific projects the guys at Bildwise (@Ritch Bonisa) have done for me. 

Eric  

@Eric G.

Thanks for the info. I will send you a PM for more details.

@Todd Murphy  

Hi Todd, thank you for the recommendation. I appreciate your feedback on Jeff 

@Cody Z.   I'm sure you're familiar with the usual recommendations of going to local meetups in your area and connecting with investors who invest in Indy, going through forum posts on here and network with folks that might be a good fit for you. But I also recommend checking out the FB groups - Indianapolis out of state investors and indianapolis real estate investors. There's a bunch of other FB investment groups in Indy but these are the most active ones. There are locals, out of staters and other professionals that can answer your questions. You'll get sales pitches as well :) Good luck!

@CodyZ,

I have spent the last 20 years working with out of state clients on Real Estate. That's all we do.  

PM me if you would like further.  Happy to meet you where you're investing career is at today and talk strategy.

Ed Neu 

Originally posted by @Mihir Bhimaraju :

@Cody Z.  I'm sure you're familiar with the usual recommendations of going to local meetups in your area and connecting with investors who invest in Indy, going through forum posts on here and network with folks that might be a good fit for you. But I also recommend checking out the FB groups - Indianapolis out of state investors and indianapolis real estate investors. There's a bunch of other FB investment groups in Indy but these are the most active ones. There are locals, out of staters and other professionals that can answer your questions. You'll get sales pitches as well :) Good luck!

 Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check out the Facebook groups. How is your investing going? Who do you use for PM, Agent, Lenders? 

@Cody Z. I’m a prospective investor from San Diego looking at Indy.  I’m actually in Indy right now meeting with local service providers and investors.  Would be happy to connect when I’m home next week and share my experiences.  

I have been an out of state investor in Indianapolis for the last several years.  I would certainly be willing to share with you my experiences and the current team I have in place.

I suggest you visit the city and get to know the areas and people, before you spend a nickel. 

@Andrew Richmond

I hope your trip went well - I would like to connect to hear more about your experience!

@Stephen Krzyzak Thanks for reaching out, I would definitely want to hear more about your experiences out in the market.

Would love to set up a time to chat, My Brokerage, Indy Home Shop specializes in OOS Investors, from finding a property, connecting you with the best contractors in the area and making sure every step goes as smooth as possible! Shoot me a message or email and we can find a time to talk about the Indianapolis market!

Chase

Indy Home Shop

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here