First property in Indianapolis! I need to find my team!

First property in Indianapolis! I need to find my team!

Carmel, IN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Just got an offer accepted on my first rental property in the downtown Indianapolis area! It's a duplex that needs some TLC. Specifically for this deal, I'm looking for a good property management company and a contractor to get this property ready to go! This is the first of hopefully many properties in the future! Contact me if you have any good recommendations! Thanks in advance, and I'm excited to embark on this journey!

4Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Petaluma, CA · Member since 2015 · 151 posts · 143 votes
5y

Reach out to @Nick Giulioni he has some solid resources. I would also recommend asking your realtor for their recommendation. Nice job taking action on the purchase. 

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Greg Hopkinson Congratulations, and welcome to the REI path. Finding your team is vital, and I can always help with some recommendations when needed. I wouldn't be where I'm at now if it wasn't for this site/podcasts. Most people get stuck on the taking action part, now you. Proud moment!

  • Nick GiulioniPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 615 votes
    5y

    Hey - feel free to hit me up - would be more than happy to help

  • Rental Property Investor · Petaluma, CA · Member since 2015 · 151 posts · 143 votes
    5y

    Reach out to @Nick Giulioni he has some solid resources. I would also recommend asking your realtor for their recommendation. Nice job taking action on the purchase. 

  • Carmel, IN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate the encouragement. I'm excited to get started on this journey. Hopefully the first (technically two since it's a duplex) of many!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Greg Hopkinson Congratulations on your investment!

  • Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Where downtown Indy? I own 2 duplexes on the east side. Congrats on the accepted offer too!

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 141 votes
    5y

    @Greg Hopkinson good luck and congrats.

  • Carmel, IN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks for all the well wishes... Unfortunately, I ended up pulling out of the deal. After the inspection it turned out it just needed too much work and would not have made sense financially. There was mold, knob and tube wiring, the "new" roof was done horribly and needed to be ripped off and redone... it was basically a complete gut job. I am on the lookout for a different opportunity, but am probably going to wait till the spring unless something good pops up. 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Congratulations, Greg! I am looking to take action and purchase my first property in Indy soon as well. I would definitely like to connect and chat with you sometime soon. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 141 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Greg Hopkinson:

    Thanks for all the well wishes... Unfortunately, I ended up pulling out of the deal. After the inspection it turned out it just needed too much work and would not have made sense financially. There was mold, knob and tube wiring, the "new" roof was done horribly and needed to be ripped off and redone... it was basically a complete gut job. I am on the lookout for a different opportunity, but am probably going to wait till the spring unless something good pops up. 

     Just curious, why are you going to wait till spring?

  • Carmel, IN · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Bryan Richardson everything I’ve read/heard says it’ll be better for finding tenants and there will be more inventory. I told my realtor that I’ve been working with that if something good comes up in the meantime, I’m willing to jump on it, but not in a rush.

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 189 posts · 141 votes
    5y

    @Greg Hopkinson

    Trust me you will never have trouble finding tenants, as long as you have a clean and safe house. I personally find the winter months easier because you don't have to worry about the grass/yard work as it sits empty.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    @Greg Hopkinson have you had a good experience so far with your realtor? Looking for recommendations for realtors in the area

  • Indianapolis · Member since 2019 · 52 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Justin Smith Contact Austin Mielczarek. He is an investor and awesome agent. He just helped me close on my 2nd duplex. Tell him I sent you

  • Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2019 · 61 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    You win some you lose some! It's all part of the game. I'm scaling a portfolio in Indy and have all of the pieces of the puzzle together from a deal flow (always looking for more sources), financing, contractor, and PM perspective. I'm glad to connect to share with you my experience and overall network. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.