Sac State Student Looking for Help on a Project

Sac State Student Looking for Help on a Project

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi all

I am a Sac State student doing taking a RE Investing class and I am working on a project. I am trying to make it as realistic as possible because this is something I would like to do in the real world. I was hoping that I can get some insight in what is considered a "successful" flip? Is it 5%, 10%, 20% profit? 


Also rehab costs. How to estimate rehab costs? Pricing seems to vary greatly depending on region, is there anyone here in Sacramento or Northern California area that could shed some light on rehab costs?

Thank you all

1Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
    3y

    Hey Andrew, sounds like an interesting class. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding flips and rehab budgets. Let me know if you want to jump on a call. 

    Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
  • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 517 posts · 408 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Cooper:

    Hi all

    I am a Sac State student doing taking a RE Investing class and I am working on a project. I am trying to make it as realistic as possible because this is something I would like to do in the real world. I was hoping that I can get some insight in what is considered a "successful" flip? Is it 5%, 10%, 20% profit? 


    Also rehab costs. How to estimate rehab costs? Pricing seems to vary greatly depending on region, is there anyone here in Sacramento or Northern California area that could shed some light on rehab costs?

    Thank you all


     Hey Andrew,

    I'm a 23 yo real estate broker and property manager here in Sac. A "successful" flip is subjective -- beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- I would assert that any business endeavor is successful when you exceed 20% cash-on-cash return. 10% would be adequate. 5% would mean you barely scraped by.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.