Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
My first rental has a roof leak , my regular roofer is on vacation for a month . The winter is coming and the weather is nice so I break out my tools . Naturally its more involved than I first thought . It was easier to replace the entire side of the roof , than chase down 6 leaks . So 2 of us start stripping the roof ......... yup rotten wood . 4 sheets of plywood . Now this doesnt sound too bad , except that I am a fit 53 years old , and the guy working with me is 52 . Took us all day to strip the roof , replace the wood , and get it under tar paper . Fortunatly its a 4/12 pitch roof . I have a loader to get the shingles up on the roof . But I am feeling it tonight . Tomorrow .............12 square of shingles . I cant wait
Residential Real Estate Broker · Country Club Hills, IL · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 14 votes
12y
Good luck with that!
At 52 and 53, you guys may be taking a risk. The fact that you can do it yourself does not always mean you should. Roofing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are better left to the professionals in my opinion.
At 52 and 53, you guys may be taking a risk. The fact that you can do it yourself does not always mean you should. Roofing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are better left to the professionals in my opinion.
Good luck again.
Life is a risk , investing is a risk . Not hitting my thumb with the hammer the third time was a risk .
Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
12y
I am 58 and I love everything about rehabbing a home. But, I have come to realize I am not as fast as I need to be. I am leaving more and more to the pros. They don't do it like I would. But, it sure is nice to have them on their knees instead of me.