How to you secure a property while rehabbing?

How to you secure a property while rehabbing?

Real Estate Investor · Harvey, IL · Member since 2010 · 13 posts · 0 votes

I would like suggestions on how others secure property while it is being rehabbed or while waiting to sell during a flip. With people stealing the copper out of walls and taking cabinets some type of security system seems a must. But, I'd like to avoid a long=term contract if possible as once the property is sold or rented out I'd no longer need it. Thank you in advance for any input.

0Reply
194 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
16y

I use Lasershield, which is a self-contained portable alarm system that works with motion sensors and a wireless transmitter that will call you and/or the police when set off.

Have a few break-ins, but once the alarm goes off, nobody has decided to stick around long enough to steal anything...

Costs about $300-400 for the hardware, plus $30/month for monitoring with the wireless unit. It costs less if you have an active phone line in the house.

http://www.lasershield.net/

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.