Rent it out yourself or use a realtor

Rent it out yourself or use a realtor

Rental Property Investor · NJ · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 8 votes
Rent it out yourself or use a agent which is better For renting out apartments.
0Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 353 posts · 223 votes
8y

I do it myself and have a relationship with a place to complete background checks.  I like some sort of say on who is in the property and feel I would do a better job myself if I can find time.  

To control my time on the process, I usually post it on craigslist and don't meet people individually.  I set up a date to more or less have an open house for interested parties so I can meet the in a set timeframe.  It doesn't bother me if they end up coming at the same time to look at it as it just shows them they aren't the only one interested.  I usually try to find a little project to work on at the same time.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.