Rehab Addict

Rehab Addict

David NilesBusiness Member
Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes

Any of you guys watch Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis on DIY?

I love her design sense and style.

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Steph C.Pro Member
Real Estate Investor · Bristol County, MA · Member since 2010 · 153 posts · 37 votes
13y

I love the Rehab Addict show. I am always looking to see if she's doing another season or if there is an update on the sale of her Minnehaha (sp?) rehab.

She does a great job on all her houses and I love how she tries to keep the integrity and style of the original home. Most rehab shows (which I also watch) seem to always rip old houses out down to the studs and put in all new/modern upgrades.

Steph

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    I enjoy her show. She's not afraid to get her hands dirty. I think she goes overboard trying to get everything back to original, but she seems to do a good job.

    One place I disagree with her is when she garbage picks for furniture and building materials. Apparantly, she's never heard of bedbugs or doesn't know how easily you can bring them into a house from garbage.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    I've watched her show. It's entertaining. I'm surprised at how knowledgable she seems to be, and how much work she actually can do herself. On most of the flip shows with male stars, the hosts don't seem to do nearly as much as Nicole does. Makes me wonder what her background/training is.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    OP
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    I agree with you guys, most of the other shows seem to be more about the guys cheating their subs out of every penny they can, she jumps in, gets dirty and makes some real nice calls.

  • Hudson, WI · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    Nicole is awesome. I watched the episode of the house she did locally here in St Paul. Super knowlegable, and, she is a babe.

  • Steph C.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Bristol County, MA · Member since 2010 · 153 posts · 37 votes
    13y

    I love the Rehab Addict show. I am always looking to see if she's doing another season or if there is an update on the sale of her Minnehaha (sp?) rehab.

    She does a great job on all her houses and I love how she tries to keep the integrity and style of the original home. Most rehab shows (which I also watch) seem to always rip old houses out down to the studs and put in all new/modern upgrades.

    Steph

  • Hudson, WI · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    From what I found on a forum, via Google, the Minnehaha house sold in February 2012 for $610,000

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    13y

    She is hot!

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Never even heard of the show. I went online though to watch some and it does look useful.

    Here is a link to some full episodes for others like me.

    http://www.diynetwork.com/diy-rehab-addict/videos/index.html

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Charles Perkins:
    Never even heard of the show. I went online though to watch some and it does look useful.

    Here is a link to some full episodes for others like me.

    http://www.diynetwork.com/diy-rehab-addict/videos/index.html

    I had never seen or heard of this show before this thread. I normally stay away from the flipping shows but may give this one a shot when I get some "free" time. Thank for the link.

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    13y

    Have you seen a and e's new show flipping vegas? It's awesome. The thing I can't stand is very few of these showng costs. include closing costs/commissions/holding costs.

    The vegas one was pretty cool and revealed the business side of things pretty well. He caughed up 200k to the got 30k discount off the already deprwssed

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    13y

    Sorry for the typos. Trying to learn how to operate a tablet. Work in progess.

  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Scott W. I like Flipping Vegas too. The most shocking part of the show for me was that the guy is married to a woman. I don't know how he landed her either.

    The show can be kind of campy with him partnering up with those two wanna be tough guys from Brooklyn. I like the episode where he pulled out his gun and cleared the house Miami Vice style. I've done that a few times.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    OP
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    What I like about Nicoles show is, no drama, these other flip shows all have to have screaming, fighting or some BS drama at each commercial break, gets old quick to me.

  • Hudson, WI · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    i agree with you David, i watched an episode yesterday of Flipping Vegas, where a boa constrictor holds up reno, its obviously a pet, and the scene where two workers evacuate looks completely staged, not to mention, the camera man and camera watches the snake approach the house, then stays in the house and gets incredibly close to it? and listening to him yell and freak out over little stuff to make the show gets annoying...

  • Real Estate Investor · chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    13y

    most of these shows are big on the drama; all about the ratings, though people like us can't stand it.

    flipmen used to be little drama & even included the closing costs. in season 2, that all ended with stuff that is not reality at all.

    you'd think w/ all these flip shows being as poplular as they are that ordinary people would want to get in the game. but people are too scared now.

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    OP
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y

    Yep no phony drama with Nicole, real deal, down and dirty and all us flippers can relate to the real issues and delays she faces, love her.

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    13y

    Sorry
    Duck Masters has taken over my passion for rehab/flipping shows.
    Don

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    OP
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Don Hines:
    Sorry
    Duck Masters has taken over my passion for rehab/flipping shows.
    Don

    Never heard of that one Don, hopefully your not referring to that show Duck Dynasty? lol Please say it aint so.

    Oh I sent Nicole a tweet with a link to this thread and asked her to join us, no luck so far though. :(

  • Involved In Real Estate · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2012 · 158 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    Very impressive skills. Just watched the show on the website but can't find the end. How much did the Minnehaha sell for. So she sold the first for $274k, I'm guessing after closing costs she net $30k. They never factor in closing costs in these shows.

  • Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2011 · 21 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks a lot Charles Perkins, I just spent all afternoon watching episodes at work!

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Anytime. :)

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by David Niles:
    Originally posted by Don Hines:
    Sorry
    Duck Masters has taken over my passion for rehab/flipping shows.
    Don

    Never heard of that one Don, hopefully your not referring to that show Duck Dynasty? lol Please say it aint so.

    Oh I sent Nicole a tweet with a link to this thread and asked her to join us, no luck so far though. :(

    Yup. That is it. Duck Dynasty. That show makes me happy, happy, happy.
    Don

  • David NilesBusiness Member
    OP
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Don Hines:

    Yup. That is it. Duck Dynasty. That show makes me happy, happy, happy.
    Don

    I have to admit Don, over the holidays, a family member had it on and I watched the xmas episode with them putting up lights and doing the one guys whole truck up, lmao.

  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    I was watching an episode of this show the other day. Nicole was gutting a house built in 1911. She was removing plaster and lathe. No lead paint regulations were being followed.

    Is it possible this 112 year old house is lead free, or is she not following the rules? I always see these TV people working on old houses and not following any RRP regulations. Anyone have the answer?

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    Rob K - Does "This Old House" follow any RRP protocols? The RRP requirements of sealing spaces in with plastic sheets doesn't make for good video footage or TV :)

    Now, the episode you watched makes me question her experience level. Like, who has plumbing work done, and doesn't pressure test with air pressure first? She did, and there was water coming out of ceilings where a pipe had split (maybe froze during winter). And there was a PEX joint that had no clamp, so that was spraying - but it was close to the water shut-off valve, so they quickly shut off (otherwise the ceiling leak would have been more damaging).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.