Tips for finding Off-Market Deals

Tips for finding Off-Market Deals

Investor · Fort Lauderdale · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone!

I am looking teach myself how to find off market deals and eventually develop a method and script that can be taught to employees as the amount of deals scales. 

I have watched so many videos on Youtube where people, do direct mail marketing, cold calling, or buy lists online. But is it really that easy? It's always easier said than done, does anyone have any experience in finding potential leads? Which methods have you had the most success with? Have you ever used virtual assistants to find sellers? 

I have the cash on hand to close on properties once I find the deals, my issue is simply finding deals at this point. 

I know virtual assistants would help me scale how many potential leads I can reach out to, but I don't want to hire virtual assistants until I have a proven method of acquiring good leads, that will turn into opportunities to close on Off-Market properties. 

Thank you for your time, I look forward to connecting with anyone willing to share!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Member since 2019 · 494 posts · 220 votes
    5y

    Virtual Assistants can be useful to make calls but you need to take time to train and monitor - especially if you are using an off-shore company.

    I would start with a combined approach for both mail and calling. Work with a list broker to identify some good target lists. Be aware that Absentee Owners are getting offers from most of the other investors out there, so you want to mix in some motivated Owner Occupied. A good list to consider is Owners with Low Financial Stability Scores (FSS).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.