Redevelopment continues in Louisville's West End with Parkland Library, community cen

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
1y

Hey! I invest in the west end. Have a unit on the south side of park hill and under contract with another in south parkland. 
i’ve seen you post a ton for Louisville, and wanted to know your thoughts on these neighborhoods? I see a lot of renovated units here and the crime maps show them as much lower crime rates, but I wanted to get your perspective since your an expert on this area.

The positive news you post about the area is uplifting and I hope is a signal of the area’s revitalization!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Hey! I invest in the west end. Have a unit on the south side of park hill and under contract with another in south parkland. 
    i’ve seen you post a ton for Louisville, and wanted to know your thoughts on these neighborhoods? I see a lot of renovated units here and the crime maps show them as much lower crime rates, but I wanted to get your perspective since your an expert on this area.

    The positive news you post about the area is uplifting and I hope is a signal of the area’s revitalization!

    • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ben Penwell:

      Hey! I invest in the west end. Have a unit on the south side of park hill and under contract with another in south parkland. 
      i’ve seen you post a ton for Louisville, and wanted to know your thoughts on these neighborhoods? I see a lot of renovated units here and the crime maps show them as much lower crime rates, but I wanted to get your perspective since your an expert on this area.

      The positive news you post about the area is uplifting and I hope is a signal of the area’s revitalization!


       There are a ton of reasons to be excited about the market collectively and West Louisville investing. The new lead paint situation has lightened the strain on landlords which is great! I think the hospital going in over there will be huge for the area. Staff will want to live and work nearby. I think the waterfront park expansion is going to be huge as well.

      Bonus: Across from West Louisville is about to blow up as well. Fun times! 

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    That’s great news!

    How many units do you have over there?

    I ask because I’m looking for any advice you may have regarding properly managing units in the west end. The obvious downside is large unit turn costs. I haven’t dealt with a turn on my unit, the lady living there views it as her dream house for her 4 kids. I think she’d live there for 5-10 years if I let her. To me that SEEMS like the right move with section 8 tenants, because each turn is likely to cost a lot… I’m still looking for related posts to how to make sure I avoid the horror stories of these section 8 markets. 

    Thanks again for your time!

    • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ben Penwell:

      That’s great news!

      How many units do you have over there?

      I ask because I’m looking for any advice you may have regarding properly managing units in the west end. The obvious downside is large unit turn costs. I haven’t dealt with a turn on my unit, the lady living there views it as her dream house for her 4 kids. I think she’d live there for 5-10 years if I let her. To me that SEEMS like the right move with section 8 tenants, because each turn is likely to cost a lot… I’m still looking for related posts to how to make sure I avoid the horror stories of these section 8 markets. 

      Thanks again for your time!

       Good idea, I'd keep them as long as you can! @Christopher Vincent is great at turning units! 

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    @Ben Penwell if you ever need a set of eyes for anything turn related. Please feel free to reach out. I’m pretty good at keeping the cost down and being efficient. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.