City Considering Stronger Regulations on Short Term Rentals

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    This is unfortunate, but I don't see Louisville totally banning non-owner-occupied properties.  It just brings in too much revenue for the city.

  • Specialist · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 166 posts · 154 votes
    7y

    @Rob Bergeron Where is the line drawn between short and long term rentals? Ie...would there be a crackdown on 6 month, 12 month+ or does this appear to be a crackdown of the VRBO, Airbnb type of property usage?

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Schlosser:

    @Rob Bergeron Where is the line drawn between short and long term rentals? Ie...would there be a crackdown on 6 month, 12 month+ or does this appear to be a crackdown of the VRBO, Airbnb type of property usage?

     I might be wrong, but I believe it is 30 days or more, but that is just from an investor meetup. I'd have to rummage through the paperwork. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.