Looking for a Louisville SFH suitable for BRRR

9 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the real estate world, but I'm a Louisville native. I have some cash and I am looking for my first BRRR purchase in Louisville. If you'd like to work together now or in the future, please introduce yourself! I'm solid from a financial analysis standpoint, but am lacking in contacts for deal flow. I do have a couple of potential contractors, but am open to having backups.

I prefer to stay in the following areas for the time being: Germantown, Schnitzelburg, Merriwether, Paristown Pointe, certain areas of Smoketown, the Highlands, St. Matthews, Jtown, and possibly Oldham County. Open to other areas, but these are preferred. Just to give some context, I'm looking at an all-in price-point of $100k or less if possible (I know that's somewhat of a tall order for the areas in which I'm looking), but might be able to partner up or swing a bit more for the right deal. Any thoughts or beginner tips that are Louisville-specific would be appreciated.

The economy feels as though it's teetering at this point. Is anyone being extra cautious about their purchases now, or am I the only one that feels this way?

Thanks!

Hey @Patrick Kinsella! 

Based on your criteria, I would recommend reaching out to @Rob Bergeron . He's an investor friendly real estate agent in town who consistently sources deals for investors looking to flip and/or BRRRR a property. May be worth reaching out to get on his investor email list. Good luck on your real estate investment journey!

All the best,

@Patrick Kinsella welcome to BP! It sounds like your on the right track by identifying your price point and areas of town you are interested in.

I am a local investor and Realtor so would love to connect sometime, maybe over coffee, and bounce some ideas around.

I get the daily KREIA email where they post off-market deals, and there was a 2/1 in Smoketown that the numbers I ran looked decent on as a 3/1, I'm just unsure of the area (and a noob that's nervous about messing up his first buy).

Not sure what the board rules are on posting links, so I'm gonna err on the side of caution and not post it. But, if you sign up for their newsletter, you should get a daily email of properties their members list.

Good luck with your search. 

@Patrick Kinsella

I second Andy's recommendation of KRIEA. It's an awesome organization that provides a ton of great resources to it's members. Also, @Luke Neubauer  and I host a free monthly meetup at the Manhattan Project on Frankfort ave. As part of the meetup, we invite speakers to talk about topics related to real estate investment. We usually have a great mix of beginner and experienced investors who attend. Our next meetup is tomorrow and it may be a great opportunity for you to make some connections with people in the area who are making moves. 

All the best,

Originally posted by @John Rooney :

As an out of state investor looking to BRRRR properties in Louisville, would it still be recommended to sign up/join KREIA?

Just to get the email listings, I'd recommend it. Some of the deals they list are off market ones you won't see with the usual MLS sites.

Originally posted by @Andy Edge :
Originally posted by @John Rooney:

As an out of state investor looking to BRRRR properties in Louisville, would it still be recommended to sign up/join KREIA?

Just to get the email listings, I'd recommend it. Some of the deals they list are off market ones you won't see with the usual MLS sites.

Thanks for the recommendation, Andy.  I'll sign up for KRIEA asap!