Investing in Louisville: where should I look?

Investing in Louisville: where should I look?

Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 9 votes

I'm looking to invest in Louisville (SFR) I've been researching the market and learning about Real Estate investing for 10 months and I am ready to make the leap and purchase my first property. I'm pre approved and all my ducks are in a row to close on a deal, I am curious to know what anyone thinks about investing around Shivley, around UofL, Germantown? The numbers work out great when ran through the analysis calculator, however when I went to go walk the properties the neighborhoods give my a bad vibe? Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

thanks

    shane 

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 257 posts · 172 votes
5y

@Shane Rojas all three of those neighborhoods can be good for flips or rentals, although I think Germantown is a bit overpriced now since its once of the "hip" places to live. I'm a big fan of around Iroquois Park, PRP, fairdale, and Buechel. Really any neighborhood in Louisville can be a great place to invest as long as the numbers work for you. In regards to getting bad vibes, so many of these neighborhoods can change on a street by street basis, so if you don't feel comfortable on one street, move on to another property. Early on in your investing career you don't want to dread going down to one of your properties. But just keep driving around town and you'll get more and more comfortable with each neighborhood and you'll figure out where you are comfortable and where you are not. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I'm a big fan of 40214,40216,40218,40258,40272. 

  • Specialist · Denver · Member since 2021 · 159 posts · 101 votes
    5y

    The cities of interest seem to be Louisville, Lexington, Shelbyville, Frankfort, and Bowling Green. It would be worth checking out these.

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 257 posts · 172 votes
    5y

    @Shane Rojas all three of those neighborhoods can be good for flips or rentals, although I think Germantown is a bit overpriced now since its once of the "hip" places to live. I'm a big fan of around Iroquois Park, PRP, fairdale, and Buechel. Really any neighborhood in Louisville can be a great place to invest as long as the numbers work for you. In regards to getting bad vibes, so many of these neighborhoods can change on a street by street basis, so if you don't feel comfortable on one street, move on to another property. Early on in your investing career you don't want to dread going down to one of your properties. But just keep driving around town and you'll get more and more comfortable with each neighborhood and you'll figure out where you are comfortable and where you are not. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Central Kentucky · Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    I am also looking to do a bit in Louisville as well. Honestly, other than the east end, the city is ripe for growth and development. Maybe steal some of Nashville's thunder?

  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Shively has some really nice neighborhoods and still has a market where the numbers work.  Areas around UofL can be hit or miss and as Kevin said street to street will vary.  We just purchased our first unit in Jeffersontown and love that area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.