Baltimore Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tony Vicente
Votes |
Crumbling row-house, cost to rehab

Tony Vicente
Posted Sep 29 2020, 17:49

I looked at a bunch of crumbling row-houses in Baltimore today, and many of them had crumbling and cracked brick, rotted foundation, water damage and squishy floors about to give in, and signs at the door saying the place needs to be rehabbed or boarded within 30 days because of code violation.

For a typical row-house that's 12 feet wide and 3 floors in Baltimore city, how would it typically cost

1A. Gut demolish the walls and floors and plumbing and electric, but keep the foundation untouched?

1B. Put in new wall, floors, plumbing and electric, basic stuff nothing fancy, around the existing foundation?

2A. Demolish everything including the foundation but obviously leave the facade and exterior walls?

2B. Put together a new foundation, new stairs, new everything rehab, basic stuff nothing fancy?

I know there's likely to be lazy answers like "it depends, could be anywhere from $20k up to $200k" but please, I'm looking for serious, experienced opinions on what the appropriate price should be. I'm not looking to do granite countertops, just a standard rehab for a place that's appropriate for a lower income neighborhood, so a luxury rehab is inappropriate.

Thanks!

Loading replies...