Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
Passive Investment - Buying and holding performing notes for interest income and or investing in debt fund/partials ownership
Active Investment - Buying non performing notes to either modify to reperformimg or foreclose for real estate ownership; “working” the notes in your portfolio; or “creating” high yielding investments through various means
Note BUSINESS - Running a note fund; syndicating notes, buying and selling notes, creating partials, brokering notes, etc.
I am active across the board. As a business we run a note fund and also syndicate notes that we originate or purchase. As an active investor I “work” a note or “create” high yielding investments of notes, and as a passive investor I invest in my note fund and syndications under the same terms offered our investors.
Where do you fit into these sub categories of notes, and where do you hope to see yourself in the future?