Can a Quit claim deed get the job done?

Can a Quit claim deed get the job done?

Rental Property Investor · Cockeysville, MD · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 9 votes
I have a potential deal where the sellers are deceased and the property is behind on property taxes. The daughter of the deceased parents still lives there and has no issue with me getting the property. I believe that a Quit claim deed should be done first before I pay the taxes. The current deed has the deceased parents names still attached to it and it’s a strong possibility that I can get this property before it goes to the tax sale auction. Any suggestions on how to structure this deal properly would be great. -the property is paid off -one of the children still lives in the property (there is a sibling who doesnt live there. -who exactly would I get to sign over their interest if neither of the children’s names are tied to this home?
1Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Redmond, WA · Member since 2014 · 553 posts · 490 votes
7y

I would get a title search done as the next step so that you can understand exactly what encumbrances you would be taking on.  Then, if you want to move forward, Quit Claim deed would do the job of transferring title, and  you would want to do that before paying taxes.  It would be best to work with a title company to do the search, the doc prep, and recording of the deed.  

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.