Investor · NV and CA · Member since 2016 · 374 posts · 227 votes
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a buy-and-hold investment property through the above-mentioned company and would like to share their experience.
Also interested in any experiences with their related co's - Storybook Realty and Plaid Management (PM). Thanks in advance!
Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
I used them, overall postive. Not the cheapest and they won't take just any house .... But professional and make things easy. I've only used them for prop mgmt and slight rehab
I have never used them myself, but when I did a quick google search to see what they are doing I stumbled on this website http://turnkey-reviews.com/directory/listing/kansa.... It looks like there are a few good reviews, but suspiciously they are all from 3 years ago. You might be able to look up the people who wrote the reviews if you sign up for the site and contact them directly.
Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes
8y
Hey @Ryan Fox I've seen William Robison's name dropped a lot on this site and they've been mostly positive. I personally haven't worked with him but it may be in your interests to search for his name in the forums instead of his company's name. Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.
Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
8y
I sent Ryan Fox many referrals for KCIR. I’m happy to speak with anyone about the current market and their goals. We rely on being honest, hardworking guys. William has built a fantastic company and I hope to continue to help grow it
Rental Property Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2016 · 205 posts · 85 votes
8y
@Ryan Fox I am here local. I don't use any turnkey companies since I'm boots on the ground here. But I'm happy to share any recommendations or referrals you might need.
Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
I used them, overall postive. Not the cheapest and they won't take just any house .... But professional and make things easy. I've only used them for prop mgmt and slight rehab
Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
8y
@Matt K. You are correct, we do not take just any house - we work hard to ensure that our investors are putting their capital into great locations. Thanks for the comment, Matt.
Farmingdale, NY · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 15 votes
7y
I just split from them on January 1. I have an SFR in Independence I bought from them. Lots of repairs on a "turnkey" property in the first year. Second year it sat empty for >7 months. I just switched over to Voepel, so far the communication about filling the vacancy has been much better.
Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 47 votes
7y
I was referred to William Robison by a fellow investor here on BP. I took a trip to the Midwest a couple years back and KC was on the short list of cities to visit. Mr. Robison hooked me up with one of his agents. Awesome guy named JK. At the time they were pushing a Turnkey-Alternative approach( you buy the property, pay them to rehab and you end up with some built in equity). Had a list of properties with sales prices, rehab estimates and ARVs. We went and checked out a few properties. Although most of the properties met the 1% rule it seemed like all the properties sales price + rehab estimates would take you over the ARV.
JK did show us 1 or 2 properties that they had rehabbed. From what I remember they were very light rehabs (new carpet,paint) but they did look good.
They we're the only provider/Realtor we met with in KC. We ended up not pulling the trigger even though I was in love with the KC market at the time and still check on the market there often.
Investor · NV and CA · Member since 2016 · 374 posts · 227 votes
7y
@Account Closed - Thanks for the responses, but I've already been working with them for about 6 months. The relationship overall has been going well. They are very prompt in responding to any PM questions I have. A vacancy in August was filled in ~30 days.
In December, I purchased a 4-plex and they are managing it. They quoted me about $11,800 for rehab after a tenant turnover, and I'm still evaluating my options about that. I knew it was in bad condition when I bought it, so it's really a question of how can I do the value add at lowest cost.