Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Kansas City Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Richard Okagbue
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Seeking Good Private Lenders for the KC Market

Richard Okagbue
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Jan 24 2020, 04:42

I'm seeking recommendations for good private money lenders for investments in the Kansas City Market, please mention who you have worked with or heard of that can make this deal happen. The deal - short term refinance for two properties valued at $60K each in Kansas City which were purchased with cash due to the competitive market, but now the cash is needed back out to be used to rehab and flip the properties. So basically, need a 12 month refinance loan for both houses.

Please note that Peak Asset Lending, which proudly advertises themselves as a good local lender, is quite picky and actually is executing a form of redlining and will not fund projects in all of the city. They have some formulas they use to determine if an area is "worthy" of their money. These two houses are not even in the inner city and are located in a suburb in the South area and yet they declined to finance them. I suppose their redlining is legal because these are investment loans and not owner occupant loans. 

It seems that many lenders just cannot help with cheaper properties as they have giant minimums, Visio Lending has a loan minimum of $100K (was $75K just as recently as last year) and LendingOne has a loan minimum of $75K for each property.

I'm hoping to get a good lender that is not redlining and also recognizes that $50K still buys a heck of a house in Kansas City and in decent areas of the city too!

Loading replies...