Real Estate Meet Up Group in NYC

Real Estate Meet Up Group in NYC

New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 24 votes

Hello BP family,

I am a new RE investor in NYC. I was wondering if there's any Meet Up group for investors in NYC to casually network.

I know REIA is a place that investors join with a fee, but I was wondering if there's just a meet up group in NYC to casually get to know real estate investors (new or experienced)!

Please let me know if you have a great suggestion! 

Thank you for your time :)

9Reply
216 views

Most Popular Reply

NYC · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 9 votes
5y

If nothing is found, lets start our own like the podcast suggests. Any fellow NYC residents interested? We can even try a virtual one first.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 376 posts · 248 votes
    5y

    Hi @Julia Sung, you can check out the events that members post on BiggerPockets by going to Network->Events. These aren't affiliated with BP, but can be a good way to connect with local investors. Best of luck!

  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    Thank you @Sean Pan !

    :)

  • New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Julia Sung hey I’m also starting to get into real estate investing and would also love more info and would also like to have a group of individuals who could guide us and give tips

  • NYC · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 9 votes
    5y

    If nothing is found, lets start our own like the podcast suggests. Any fellow NYC residents interested? We can even try a virtual one first.

  • New York City · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Ong I'd be interested...I think it's helpful to exchange ideas/tips during this crazy market, I've had my share of adventures and I'm sure other have, too! I'm investing in multi and single fam rentals properties...

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2020 · 819 posts · 641 votes
    5y

    @Julia Sung check out the NYREP.

    They had a solid event last night in Morristown, NJ. 

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y


    @Sonia Chopra


    @Andrew Ong  i would also be interested in a meetup

  • Rental Property Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    @Julia Sung

    I would be interested as well. Virtual meetup or in person sounds great to collaborate

  • Member since 2021 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    I’d be interested as well. I’d like to hear more about multi family investment in today’s market as well as how the tenant landlord laws have been effecting some of us. I currently own a 1 bed 1 bath coop in Sunnyside and am looking to rent it in the next upcoming year or so. I think pooling together some of our experiences could be great. Feel free to connect guys! 

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    If this takes place, I would love to join.

  • New to Real Estate · NY · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I would love to be part of a group of fellow NYC residents as well!

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    Discord seems to be a sensible way to start this off with group voice channels. Building a solid local community virtually with screen sharing to broadcast. We can set up "pitch rooms" for potential projects to push for collaboration or even brainstorming meetings. DM me if this sounds like a start.

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    Hello, Would love to join any NYC group. I am new to RE and just joined BP. Please include me in any NYC group chat or forum. Thank you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2021 · 31 posts · 21 votes
    4y

    I would love to join a group. Everything that I found so far has fees and tickets and sounds over the top. I just want a nice casual meetup.

  • Richard RozoPro Member
    Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    Did anything ever get organized?  a Discord group might be a good way to start.

  • Attorney · NYC · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 22 votes
    4y

    Doesn't look like anything happened, did it?

  • Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    It will really be a great opportunity to meet with fellow investors ( new and old) to learn and grow together as a community. I will love to join if theres any group coming up

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Would certainly be interested in a virtual / in-person meetup as well.

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    Would really like more insight in todays market and if in todays market it is a smart idea to invest or wait, I’m more so interested in multi family homes or single family homes. Would also like to hear from New York natives .

  • Deer Park, NY · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 85 votes
    4y

    Hi we have a great REIA on Long Island. We offer free zoom calls (Intro to Real Estate Investing Zoom call is TONIGHT). We also do a LIVE meet up at the Huntington Hilton in Melville Long Island on the second Wednesday of the month. Our next one is scheduled for February 9th. Your first meet up is always FREE. We bring in national speakers from across the country, and we also have lots of LOCAL experts who are doing all different types of real estate investing deals. Feel free to reach out if you would like some more information.

  • Developer · NY · Member since 2021 · 131 posts · 106 votes
    4y

    @Salomon Romero I'd be happy to jump on a call and discuss the current market in NYC.  I have been a broker in the city for 8 years, and have sold $40M in the four major boroughs.  Just message me if you want to chat.

  • Flushing, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I'm just here reading all the threads and I would love to join as well.  I'm interested in the average cap rate for multi families in NYC just for learning purposes.  I am born and raised in NYC so I think its important to learn the area I live in.

  • Developer · NY · Member since 2021 · 131 posts · 106 votes
    4y

    @Thomas Sloane I have been selling real estate in NYC for 8 years.  The acceptable cap rate depends on the neighborhood, but the investors I have dealt with want 6.5%+ 

  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hello everyone. I'm new to NYC and RE. I am also a veteran looking to use my VA Loan on multifamily in the city. I would love to connect and be part of any NYC group. Also looking for potential partners!

  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Andrew Ong:

    If nothing is found, lets start our own like the podcast suggests. Any fellow NYC residents interested? We can even try a virtual one first.


     This sounds great! Definitely interested! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.