Sending my first mailers in Charlotte NC

Sending my first mailers in Charlotte NC

Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes

Hi BP, I am a currently self employed in the car biz and decided I need a new challenge. I am looking to do some wholesale and fix and flip deals. The market here in Charlotte is very hot right now so I have decided to do a direct marketing campaign. The website is getting set up and I am sending  out over 2,000 mailers out to various locations around Charlotte and surrounding. They go out on Monday! I will keep everyone posted on this journey and chronicle my progress! Thanks, Ryan form HomeVentures Charlotte.

5Reply
159 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 138 posts 路 63 votes
9y

Hey @Account Closed, I'd rather you not move your marketing efforts to Concord and Kannapolis :) Thanks

Kidding, of course. But, to your point, I get way more leads outside of Mecklenburg county than I do inside.

Best of luck fellas.

See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 138 posts 路 63 votes
    9y

    Good stuff, CONGRATS @Ryan Battista

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Mid West, East Coast 路 Member since 2015 路 3k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista congrats on the first campaign.  Remain persistent and you'll do fine!!!

  • Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 88 posts 路 27 votes
    9y

    Good job, Ryan! Keep it up

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 16 posts 路 2 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista and @Brian Compton - please add us to your buyers list as well! I am seeking property in and around the Charlotte area. Thank you!

  • Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes
    9y

    Craig I will let you know when I find a multi-family, I have a big marketing campaign this month(about 2200 letters) going live within the next week. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Cape Coral, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 12 posts 路 5 votes
    9y

    I am interested in seeing how your mailer goes. Do you have a bulk mailing certificate? Or are you paying full price for postage? I mail as well..... The pissed off people do happen, I just talk nice with them and they usually give in. Have you tried low ball offers on MLS listings?

  • Columbia, MO 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for posting your journey for us to follow with. Very interested in the numbers from that first deal. Also if it cost to send out $1,800? I'm looking at sending a thousand out very soon. Currently stuck in analysis paralysis......t has me locked down.馃槬

  • Columbia, MO 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 0 votes
    9y

    1800 mailers and what type? Post cards, letters , other

  • Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Nathan Fesnak:

    I am interested in seeing how your mailer goes. Do you have a bulk mailing certificate? Or are you paying full price for postage? I mail as well..... The pissed off people do happen, I just talk nice with them and they usually give in. Have you tried low ball offers on MLS listings?

    I had success with the first mailing but nothing since. I have started 2 more campaigns(about 1500 mailers) in different zip codes w/o any real success. MLS here in Charlotte is very competitive. Low-ball offers will not work right now in the infill neighborhoods near uptown. Investors/flippers are usually overpaying. Pm me if you have any more questions. Thanks!

  • Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan Barfield:

    1800 mailers and what type? Post cards, letters , other

     yellow letters for the first mailing that netted me my deal. Cost about 1 dollar per. I have used postcards to mail the same zip 6 weeks later with no success. Not many calls and no leads generated from the sencond mailing. Charlotte NC is very  competitive right now. 

  • Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 12 posts 路 40 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista I couldn't agree more everyone is reading about how fast Charlotte is growing so there are a lot of out-of-towners and hedge funds here. In addition to those who are already doing well in this market. Also people are getting there lists from the same list source. I was at the Charlotte meet up where a gentleman who did some mailers said he went to a house and the seller told him that she had had 14 other letters/postcards from investors.  I am moving my marketing efforts and dollars up and down 85 towards Gastonia, Concord, and Kannapolis. 

  • Mount Holly, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 26 posts 路 7 votes
    9y
    Ryan Battista so good to hear of your success. Charlotte is booming but at the same time a little over saturated. Like the guy above me in this thread, gaston county would be a great market to tackle too!! Lots of potential, quiet neighborhoods, and good schools. Always looking to connect with wholesalers/realtors as I am a flipper in the Charlotte/Gastonia areas. Add me to your list!
  • Contractor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 138 posts 路 63 votes
    9y

    Hey @Account Closed, I'd rather you not move your marketing efforts to Concord and Kannapolis :) Thanks

    Kidding, of course. But, to your point, I get way more leads outside of Mecklenburg county than I do inside.

    Best of luck fellas.

  • Wholesaler/Rehabber/Private Money Lender 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    9y

    I am a rehabber in Gaston County so please add me to your buyer list!

  • Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 14 posts 路 7 votes
    9y

    Hello @Ryan Battista @Lisa Hoover @Brian Compton I've been enjoying this thread, please add me to your buyers list for Charlotte and all of the surrounding counties within an hour of Charlotte. 

  • Specialist 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 111 posts 路 95 votes
    9y

    Hi Elizabeth

    glad to

    i'll read your profile to see what kinds of properties you look for.

    Best Regards

    Lisa

  • Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 88 posts 路 27 votes
    9y

    Hey @Ryan Battista - Love the persistence. Keep at it!

  • Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes
    9y

    Hey Everyone! its been awhile. I have been marketing my *** off but Charlotte is very competitive. I have gotten a couple deals but it has costed me tons of money in marketing to get these deals so I have not made as much profit as expected. I am scaling back somewhat in Charlotte for the  and diverting some marketing into Rock Hill SC. If anyone is also interested in the Rock Hill market feel free to contact me. Thanks!

  • Rock Hill, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 5 posts 路 4 votes
    9y

    I am a real estate investor in the Rock Hill area.  Maybe we could do a joint venture sometime.  

  • Bloomington, IN 路 Member since 2016 路 23 posts 路 9 votes
    9y

    Christine, I'm from Indiana, but have been thinking about the Rock Hill/Fort Mill area as an investment opportunity. My sister lives closer to Lancaster, and I see the growth each time I visit. I'd love to get your understanding of the market. So far I've seen a lot of land deals with commercial development opportunities but initially have not found many pre-existing multi family properties. 

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2017 路 7 posts 路 0 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista I am new to BP and I am interested on how the mailer went?  I have been investing for a little over a year now in Charlotte but would like to be added to any list you have and talk to you about working together in the future.  Interested in hearing how this went?

  • Investor 路 Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 10 posts 路 0 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista - I echo what you said. I have talked to some Real Estate Agents in Charlotte and they said the samething. @Aaron Bock - Welcome to BP. I have been in the game for 2 years now, let me know if you have any questions.

  • Charlotte, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 82 posts 路 24 votes
    9y

    All SC investors should keep in mind that non owner occupied homes in SC are charged a triple property tax. Still a good place to invest.

  • SC 路 Member since 2014 路 303 posts 路 183 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Battista we've seen the same thing in Charlotte with our marketing.  We've recently pivoted a bit and are buying raw land to do new construction in Charlotte - just got an accepted offer on two lots in the HOT Belmont neighborhood.  If you come across any land please hit me up.

    I would also be interested in deals in Rock Hill for buy and hold...especially multi-family.

  • Investor 路 Indian Land, SC 路 Member since 2016 路 136 posts 路 76 votes
    9y

    Dave thanks for the input, if you have time I would like to talk some strategy w/you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.