What would you do if you needed $3K EMD by tomorrow?

What would you do if you needed $3K EMD by tomorrow?

Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes

Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to weigh my options on something. Maybe you can help me. I bid on an online auction property and won for $6,180. In the listing it said no earnest money deposit was required for the property. However, yesterday the portfolio manager sent me the contract asking for $3K EMD. When I mentioned that the listing stated no EMD was required, it said it was incorrect and EMD is required to proceed. What are my options if I don't have the $3K and my credit sucks?? What would you do?? Thanks in advance for all valuable responses.

2Reply
99 views

Most Popular Reply

Johnson City, TN · Member since 2017 · 209 posts · 367 votes
7y

You have no cash and can't borrow any. What do you want us to tell you? Rob a bank? Wish upon a star? You just want to get mad when you are given solid advice outside of this odd deal. Here is my advice if you want to be successful in real estate but you don't want to hear. Real estate can be a small world. Be a man that the other party knows can carry thru with your commitments. Don't get into deals where you promise cash you can't either pull out of your mattress or get out of the bank the next morning. Honestly, if you can't lay your hands on cash in 24 hours you don't need to be involved in real estate. Build your real estate career on a solid foundation, not one built on dreams and gimmicks. 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:

    @Reese Davis if you need quick cash, there are limited options:

    1. Credit card cash advance 

    2. Payday loan - may require car title 

    3. Borrow from friends or family

    4. Pawn shop, but need something of value (jewelry, guns, electronic devices)

    5. Sell your belongings on Facebook Market place or Craigslist

    Hey Joe...I was able to come up with the money for the EMD already but Thanks for your feedback.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    I’m sure you won’t find this useful but In the future I think you need to take constructive criticism better on here . These guys were legit trying to help you and you were combative about the solid advise that was given . You obviously didn’t have the wherewithal to do this the right way and I hope you learned something here with what was said . Best of luck on your future endeavors 

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

    I’m sure you won’t find this useful but In the future I think you need to take constructive criticism better on here . These guys were legit trying to help you and you were combative about the solid advise that was given . You obviously didn’t have the wherewithal to do this the right way and I hope you learned something here with what was said . Best of luck on your future endeavors 

    You were right...not useful at all.

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Reese Davis FYI: Snarky know-it-alls generally receive much less useful information than they'd like.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Sylvia B.:

    @Reese Davis FYI: Snarky know-it-alls generally receive much less useful information than they'd like.

    lol Thanks Sylvia...I'll keep that in mind.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:

    Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to weigh my options on something. Maybe you can help me. I bid on an online auction property and won for $6,180. In the listing it said no earnest money deposit was required for the property. However, yesterday the portfolio manager sent me the contract asking for $3K EMD. When I mentioned that the listing stated no EMD was required, it said it was incorrect and EMD is required to proceed. What are my options if I don't have the $3K and my credit sucks?? What would you do?? Thanks in advance for all valuable responses.

    *shrug* I run across so many people in this business with attitudes like yours. I’ll never understand it.  It’s like you’re going out of your way to do whatever you can to harm your reputation and be unsuccessful

    I’d honestly consider deleting your account and asking mods to delete your posts. If someone came to me and wanted to do business and I looked them up and saw these posts I’d pass 

  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:
    Originally posted by @Lee Bell:

    I would write a check or go get a cashiers check if required.

    You can'y buy without money.

    I'm convinced many of you leave comments JUST to boost your post count. Thank You for letting me know I can't buy a house without money. I had no idea.

    Thats what you just tried doing.

    And you’re right. My rep count is higher than your bank balance.

    Why you playin like you got Forex money when you don’t even got monopoly money?

    “How you hating on the club...when you can’t even get in”

    I’m still LOLZ at $6k home. Doll House being auctioned off or something. 

    Must be looking like the Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can’t Read Good - OG ant version.

  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    lesson from this thread

    small problem: needing $3,000 EMD

    bigger problem: buying a $6,000 house

    massively big problem: OP's lousy attitude 

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Cody L.:
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:

    Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to weigh my options on something. Maybe you can help me. I bid on an online auction property and won for $6,180. In the listing it said no earnest money deposit was required for the property. However, yesterday the portfolio manager sent me the contract asking for $3K EMD. When I mentioned that the listing stated no EMD was required, it said it was incorrect and EMD is required to proceed. What are my options if I don't have the $3K and my credit sucks?? What would you do?? Thanks in advance for all valuable responses.

    *shrug* I run across so many people in this business with attitudes like yours. I’ll never understand it.  It’s like you’re going out of your way to do whatever you can to harm your reputation and be unsuccessful

    I’d honestly consider deleting your account and asking mods to delete your posts. If someone came to me and wanted to do business and I looked them up and saw these posts I’d pass 

    You're right...deleting my account now...Thanks for the feedback.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Aaron Hunt:
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:
    Originally posted by @Lee Bell:

    I would write a check or go get a cashiers check if required.

    You can'y buy without money.

    I'm convinced many of you leave comments JUST to boost your post count. Thank You for letting me know I can't buy a house without money. I had no idea.

    Thats what you just tried doing.

    And you’re right. My rep count is higher than your bank balance.

    Why you playin like you got Forex money when you don’t even got monopoly money?

    “How you hating on the club...when you can’t even get in”

    I’m still LOLZ at $6k home. Doll House being auctioned off or something. 

    Must be looking like the Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can’t Read Good - OG ant version.

    LMAO!!! The things people say hiding behind the internet SMH.

  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:
    Originally posted by @Aaron Hunt:
    Originally posted by @Reese Davis:
    Originally posted by @Lee Bell:

    I would write a check or go get a cashiers check if required.

    You can'y buy without money.

    I'm convinced many of you leave comments JUST to boost your post count. Thank You for letting me know I can't buy a house without money. I had no idea.

    Thats what you just tried doing.

    And you’re right. My rep count is higher than your bank balance.

    Why you playin like you got Forex money when you don’t even got monopoly money?

    “How you hating on the club...when you can’t even get in”

    I’m still LOLZ at $6k home. Doll House being auctioned off or something. 

    Must be looking like the Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can’t Read Good - OG ant version.

    LMAO!!! The things people say hiding behind the internet SMH.

    Yeah, like, “I would, but the way that my bank account is set up, the thing is, I got a checking account and Forex account, but all the money is in my Forex. So I gotta switch it to my checkin, but it's gon take 3 business days.” [Kevin Hart Voice]

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.