How Do I Find a Wholesaler for Purchasing a Property?

How Do I Find a Wholesaler for Purchasing a Property?

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

If I want to sell a property to a wholesaler or other cash-purchaser, who do I contact?  How do I find them?  Any recommendations for the North Keller/ Roanoke area? 

0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Kenneth Stogdill

First, some wholesalers DO actually purchase the property.  Second, it shouldn't matter to you whether the wholesaler buys the property themselves or simply assigns the contract to someone else.  Many times the benefit of working with a wholesaler is that you get out of the middle of the process and there is a quick close.  Posting it on Craigslist will result in you fielding tons of calls.  It depends on what your primary motivation is.

The bottom line is that whether or not you can sell your home to a legitimate and ethical wholesaler is completely dependent upon the asking price and the ARV of the property. If the numbers work, you can probably have cash in hand in less than 3-weeks.

I would be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions, no strings attached.  My contact info is in my profile.  Feel free to reach out.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    8y
    Wholesellers don't really buy, they find buyers. Put the property on Craigslist or Facebook and someone will see it.
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Feel free to DM me. I have a list of folks and I purchase property too.

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Kenneth Stogdill

    First, some wholesalers DO actually purchase the property.  Second, it shouldn't matter to you whether the wholesaler buys the property themselves or simply assigns the contract to someone else.  Many times the benefit of working with a wholesaler is that you get out of the middle of the process and there is a quick close.  Posting it on Craigslist will result in you fielding tons of calls.  It depends on what your primary motivation is.

    The bottom line is that whether or not you can sell your home to a legitimate and ethical wholesaler is completely dependent upon the asking price and the ARV of the property. If the numbers work, you can probably have cash in hand in less than 3-weeks.

    I would be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions, no strings attached.  My contact info is in my profile.  Feel free to reach out.

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Print your flyer....take it to all the investment clubs....put it on Craigslist and all the other fsbo sites....and if you really want to open the market....get a realtor to put it on the MLS for you. Then instead of half a dozen or dozen buyers you have to weed through and determine if they really have money or not...will really close or not....you open the market to hundreds or a thousand potential motived buyers

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Hattie Dizmond:

    @Kenneth Stogdill

    First, some wholesalers DO actually purchase the property.  Second, it shouldn't matter to you whether the wholesaler buys the property themselves or simply assigns the contract to someone else.  Many times the benefit of working with a wholesaler is that you get out of the middle of the process and there is a quick close.  Posting it on Craigslist will result in you fielding tons of calls.  It depends on what your primary motivation is.

    The bottom line is that whether or not you can sell your home to a legitimate and ethical wholesaler is completely dependent upon the asking price and the ARV of the property. If the numbers work, you can probably have cash in hand in less than 3-weeks.

    I would be happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions, no strings attached.  My contact info is in my profile.  Feel free to reach out.

     I disagree, I care about the likelihood of actual closing. Many wholesalers have no skin in the game and if they can't find a Buyer--tough for Seller. They just walk away and you've wasted time and energy on an unenforceable contract.

    The quality of the contract is huge, same reason why cash offers are stronger than financing.

  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    8y

    @Ronald Rohde I agree with you completely. A lot of wholesalers out there, especially the smaller ones with short buyer's lists, don't have great close rates. Some do, but a lot don't. They have no skin in the game except maybe a $50 option fee and if they don't close they will just move on to the next. It is probably better to find an investor who will actually commit to buying.

    All that being said, I do buy from wholesalers. What I have seen lately is they are pricing homes above what an investor can pay and it is resulting in a lot less homes closing. I get they need to make their money to cover their expenses but don't always think of the person they are getting the home from and the consequences of it not closing for the seller.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.