Invest in Fayetteville, NC

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 169 votes
7y

Wow I forgot about this thread. I was still real new when I first commented. I've since done multiple deals in Fayetteville and the surrounding area. I love looking back and seeing my growth. 

Things I've learned about Fayetteville:

1. It's not just Fayetteville but the whole Fort Bragg area that's awesome this includes; Fayetteville, Raeford, Spring Lake and Hope mills. All are towns that touch Fort Bragg the main source of income and tenants for the area. 

2.  RENTALS are amazing in this town! Purchase prices are low and rental rates are high. Why? because the town is 52% rental occupied! Compared to the national average of 36% in 2016.

3. VA loans are how houses are bought in town. It's literally next to the biggest military base so prepare accordingly when selling. For example have a fridge or other amenities installed already and add build them into the price of the house since the idea of a VA loan is to put nothing down out of pocket.

4. Drive your comps. There are nice neighborhoods right next to not so nice neighborhoods. I'm sitting at home office looking out my back window and I see a house about 400 yards away it's in an entirely different neighborhood zoned differently with different values. This would be a bad comp for my house, but one slightly further away in my neighborhood would make more sense. The neighborhood lines aren't always clear on a map. 

@Jason Colclough The area to avoid is Murchison rd. In fact the county is doing a study on it to see why it's so bad. Over by the Ann street landfill and B st is a good place to avoid. Anywhere where the ARV's drop below $75k is a good indicator as well although there are a few good pockets. Also parts of Bragg blvd aren't so pretty either whereas haymount which is off Bragg blvd is amazing. Other great places include 28303 anywhere within 5 minutes of a Fort Bragg entry point and anywhere in the Jack Brit school District. Also you'll see certain neighborhoods are only good for rentals this is indicated by low priced recent sales with really high rental rates.

If you have questions feel free to message me. I have special interest in the Fayetteville/ Fort Bragg area, because I live here with my family and want it to be a good place. Investors restore value and that's what we need. There is tons of money to be made in this town.

See this reply in the discussion

98 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Plumas Lake, CA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    @Alexander Carrasco are you a wholesaler based out of Fayetteville?

  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    @Travis Callihan Yes I am a wholesaler and rehabber 

  • Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Alexander Carrasco i have been looking at getting some more properties soon. I, too, am a soldier looking invest in Fayetteville. I have one SFR in fayetteville and I would like to have 10 with in 5 years
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 26 votes
    9y
    Jonathan Patten Only 10 in 5 years? We'll smash that goal I'm sure you can do 5 a year.
  • Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 29 votes
    9y
    Currently have 1 SFR in Fayetteville I am rehabbing to be a rental. Wouldn't mind discussing local lending options.
  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    Fayetteville is great to invest in! I own a few SFR and looking to buy a few more next year.

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 20 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Alexander Carrasco:

    Fayetteville, NC is a growing military town with son much potential. Are you an investor looking to branch out? I want to build a larger network with investors who want to invest in NC.

    I'd be interested in SFR properties in Fayetteville. I spent almost 7 years down there when I in the Army.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
    9y
    I just closed on my first, purely investment buy & hold property in Fayetteville. It was a VA foreclosure and purchased with cash. Plan on doing this the BRRR method. Kicking off the light renovation soon. Goal is to have the place rent ready by 1JAN17. I'm certainly interested in more SFRs, but am very interested in entering the multi-family game. I have mixed feelings about the Fayetteville, NC market--however you can't deny that there is a ton of investor activity here. -Andrew
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Alexander Carrasco

    Welcome to bigger pockets. The Bigger Pockets Blog https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/is a great resource for all aspects of real estate investing.

  • Investor · Lehigh Acres, FL · Member since 2013 · 94 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Ive been looking at NC, I have friends who buy/hold it Charlotte. What are your thoughts on the area?

    Thanks 

    Andrea Shields

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 266 posts · 158 votes
    9y
    Andrea Shields Fayetteville has a ton of investor activity. Lots of flipping and plenty of buy and hold opportunities. You can purchase cash flowing properties at a relatively low total cost (and lower risk). Plenty of areas to stay away from, best to talk with local investors as you research the city. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions about Fayetteville. Plenty of folks on here to help you. Happy New Year! -Andrew
  • Smithfield, NC · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    I've mostly focused on Raleigh and the Triangle area so far, I have capital ready to go but cost there have soared lately, I'd have to go almost all in on one property. I've been looking at Spring Lake/Fayettnam as of late, I would like to do Multi's, but the only inventory on loopnet is moldy hurricane damage. 

    I don't know the area overly well as I work on Pope and go through Spring Lake. Most of what I've seen for Fayetteville is C class at best. I'll probably start going out of my way to drive it after I get back from TDY in Feb

  • Adam SchneiderPro Member
    Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 955 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    There's a REI MeetUp in Fayetteville, NC at the Hampton Inn on Skibo at 6:30 p.m. on January 25. Best to go to MeetUp dot com to RSVP. All levels of investors are welcome. Free. No Guru's...

  • Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 169 votes
    9y

    I'm new to real estate investing and I am located in Fayeteville. I too want to meet investors to do deals with as well as learn from.

  • Inspector · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 55 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    Im curious to what is driving growth in Fayetteville? Are more people moving to the area/ or is the shortage of inventory causing investors to enter the major markets? I've started looking at open parcels North of Bragg. 

  • Real Estate Professional · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Im closing on a duplex this Thursday that is rented out on one side and my wife and I are going to live in the other unit. I definitely want to explore more options as to what I can do in the mean time instead of just benefiting from a low cost mortgage. I want to learn about everything REI has to offer with someone's real world experience. I go to a lot of meet ups in the area and am interested in what you have to say.

  • Raeford, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    hello, is this conversation still active? 

  • Mortgage Consultant · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 53 votes
    9y
    Nathan Clemons we have similar goals. I live in Raleigh and am fairly new. If there's anything I can do to help you please reach out.
  • Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    I have a property in Fayetteville I am looking to part with, my renter just moved out.

    Additionally if anyone has questions ask away I was stationed there for several years and have been part of the area for more than a decade. I am not claiming to know all the areas, but I am willing to share what I am familiar with.

  • Adam SchneiderPro Member
    Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 955 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    @Chad W., @Nathan Clemons -- feel free to attend this week's Fayetteville real estate investor MeetUp on Wednesday at the Hampton Inn on Skibo. You can check it out on MeetUp . com

    I'll be there--please introduce yourself if you are attending.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    @Chad W.-- Are you trying to list it for sale? Let me know if I can help. I’m an active Realtor/Investor in Fayetteville. 

  • Raeford, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    looking for local wholesalers that i could possibly link up with
  • Hampton Roads, VA · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 27 votes
    8y
    Has anyone in this chain looked in Sanford or know anyone investing in that area?
  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    8y
    I’m looking to invest in Fayetteville. Please keep me posted.
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y

    Is Fayetteville still a hot market Im looking to invest in my first property that I can most likely flip any suggestions? who do I talked to first if I find a property I like..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.