All the active BP members, raise your hand!

All the active BP members, raise your hand!

Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes

I'm fairly new to BP and curious how many local members are actually active on the site. I'm new to the area and would love to meet new folks in town.  If you don't mind, please introduce yourself and let me and everyone else  know what your are currently looking for. Whether it's a specific type of property, real estate professional, tradesmen, good sandwich shop, etc. Thanks!

7Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y

GREETINGS BP family, I'm Joe Tran, BORN and RAISED in Vancouver, WA since 1986!  I'm 33 years young, graduated from Washington State University in 2013 with a doctorate in Pharmacy, lived in East Vancouver for 18 years and relocated to the Brush Prairie/Orchards area.  I've been house hacking since the dorm days in 2005, and now house hack on a whole new level with a properties in Seattle, Vancouver, WA, and Hillsboro, OR which generate about $2.5K/mo passive income for me.

Taking real estate more closely, I picked up my real estate license a few months ago and am now with Berkshire Hathaway homes in Vancouver, WA.  I still work full-time as a consultant pharmacist to feed the savings, but spend a great deal of time working on the real estate business.  My goals is to expand my RE profile and take my house hacking to the next level.  Looking into multifamily, duplex, or even a small apartment project.  I have friends and family who are contractors, journeymen, and loan officers that would make a great team.  I'd like to expand the portfolio into areas of growth -- Ridgefield, WA, DT Vancouver Waterfront, East Vancouver, or into the Hockinson area.

I'd love to connect with like-minded friends in the area to get things rolling.  Even with an impeding downturn in the RE market, I'm always optimistic and looking to find the next opportunity to immerse myself in.  Send me a hello, let's see what you're up to in this market!

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Camas, WA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Joe Tran This upcoming Thursday?

  • Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    Hey @Julian Delgado, I was planning this upcoming Thursday but haven't heard too much from the family, not sure if it's worthwhile going still if the turnout will be low.  I'll continue to monitor the thread and see where we go with it!

  • Realtor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    It as been awhile I have visit BP, I am from Vancouver, WA, in the Hazel dell Area. I would love to meet up with season investors and take my investing to another level.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hey everyone, My wife and I are new to BP, mostly newbish with REI and new to the Vancouver area as well. Would love to attend the next ice breaker meetup. I will make an effort to make it out to rarebird events as well.

    I have had 1 rental property in Texas the past 12 years. We have only used conventional funding for past house purchases (4 buys, 1 sell) and are looking to take advantage of HELOC or other forms of equity to fund some BRRRR. I have a goal of adding at least 2 more rentals in 2020.

    Cheers,
    Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · Battle Ground, WA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Joe Tran, if these meetups are still happening, I'd love to attend.  Also, are there other local meetups that I should be aware of?

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the Vancouver WA area and looking to connect with local REI and perhaps a local wholesaler. I'd like to learn about doing an out of state remote buy and rehab. I'm just finishing a conversion of a single family house into a duplex in San Francisco, but with all of my own capital. Would like to learn how to rehab and leverage money instead of using my own.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.