Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
I'm fairly new to BP and curious how many local members are actually active on the site. I'm new to the area and would love to meet new folks in town. If you don't mind, please introduce yourself and let me and everyone else know what your are currently looking for. Whether it's a specific type of property, real estate professional, tradesmen, good sandwich shop, etc. Thanks!
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y
GREETINGS BP family, I'm Joe Tran, BORN and RAISED in Vancouver, WA since 1986! I'm 33 years young, graduated from Washington State University in 2013 with a doctorate in Pharmacy, lived in East Vancouver for 18 years and relocated to the Brush Prairie/Orchards area. I've been house hacking since the dorm days in 2005, and now house hack on a whole new level with a properties in Seattle, Vancouver, WA, and Hillsboro, OR which generate about $2.5K/mo passive income for me.
Taking real estate more closely, I picked up my real estate license a few months ago and am now with Berkshire Hathaway homes in Vancouver, WA. I still work full-time as a consultant pharmacist to feed the savings, but spend a great deal of time working on the real estate business. My goals is to expand my RE profile and take my house hacking to the next level. Looking into multifamily, duplex, or even a small apartment project. I have friends and family who are contractors, journeymen, and loan officers that would make a great team. I'd like to expand the portfolio into areas of growth -- Ridgefield, WA, DT Vancouver Waterfront, East Vancouver, or into the Hockinson area.
I'd love to connect with like-minded friends in the area to get things rolling. Even with an impeding downturn in the RE market, I'm always optimistic and looking to find the next opportunity to immerse myself in. Send me a hello, let's see what you're up to in this market!
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y
Sounds like Thursday next week at 7:00, Smokin' Oak downtown Vancouver will work best for most. I'm out of the office at 7p and won't make it until 7:15-7:30, but warm yourselves up! I'll put in a reservation for a table of 10, we don't need to be sitting but at least we'll have an area to network and get to know each other. Here's the roster I have for now:
Kent, I don't know if your guys are coming since I haven't seen them post, but I'll grab a table big enough to accommodate. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week, Thursday, 8/29 @ 7PM!
Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
7y
Hello everyone! I’ve been wanting to go to a meetup and network with some people in the Vancouver are, I’ve also lived here pretty much my whole life. Right near downtown. @Kent Nielson reached out and brought me in on the thread.
If it’s okay I’d like to invite another pair of friends that also just started in the investing locally, and are also contractors if that’s okay. Thursday at 7pm sounds great and the Smokin Oak has been on my list to try. See you all there!
Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Kent Nielson Based in Los Angeles but working on deals in Spokane, Aberdeen, and Federal Way this month! Hoping to finally make my first visit in person to WA in the next couple of months.
@Uwe G., @Tim Santeford, @Carter Thomas, and @Adam Rasmussen, I don't know if @Kent Nielson is still around for this feed, but better to take action than not, especially if it's over some beers after work! You guys down for Smokin' Oak BBQ in downtown Vancouver? Great brews and BBQ, otherwise the eastside we can stick with The Hammond or Hopworks. I can put a table down for all of us, Tue, Wed, or Thu 7:30PM work for us? Pick a restaurant and let me know your availability for all 3 days and I'll go with the one day and place where we all can attend. Thanks guys.
YOu folks should check out myrarebird in PDX.. that's a great group run by some very experienced top notch investor/agents.. highly recommend it.. not only because I occasionally get invited to present.. but there is no pitching and its orginzied and there Is a ton of REAL information.. informal meetups while nice to socialize I find that not much happens at them.. Just sayin.
and if you are in Clark county and want to see some action go to the annex next to the courthouse on Fridays at 10am and watch the trustee sales that's were the players are..
Vancouver, WA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 60 votes
7y
I agree with @Jay Hinrichs regarding Rarebird. Definitely an excellent group of like minded folks and ran by top notch individuals that are passionate on the education front and giving back.
I also agree with attending the auctions. There are about 4 different parties that take up almost all of the action. Between Rod Nylund, Gary Coleman, Steve Romig, and Jeremy Romig...they buy pretty much buy everything. Rod and Gary have been doing it for years and are serious pros in that department. If you want get educated reach out to Steve or Jeremy as they run investor groups that help buy on the courthouse steps. Great way to pick up flips.
But if you are pretty diligent on seeing what is coming on the RMLS I am also finding better deals (in better locations) on there from time to time with the comfort of locking down a property in contract and being able to due ample due diligence.
Looking forward to meeting up with folks in Vancouver and making new friends.
I agree with @Jay Hinrichs regarding Rarebird. Definitely an excellent group of like minded folks and ran by top notch individuals that are passionate on the education front and giving back.
I also agree with attending the auctions. There are about 4 different parties that take up almost all of the action. Between Rod Nylund, Gary Coleman, Steve Romig, and Jeremy Romig...they buy pretty much buy everything. Rod and Gary have been doing it for years and are serious pros in that department. If you want get educated reach out to Steve or Jeremy as they run investor groups that help buy on the courthouse steps. Great way to pick up flips.
But if you are pretty diligent on seeing what is coming on the RMLS I am also finding better deals (in better locations) on there from time to time with the comfort of locking down a property in contract and being able to due ample due diligence.
Looking forward to meeting up with folks in Vancouver and making new friends.
Before Coleman came on the scene it was me and Rod :) he is pretty tough to beat if he wants something. but it fun to watch and I know Rod buys off market as well.. just like we do.
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y
CONFIRMED! I booked for 7PM since I know earlier is better for some. I'll be there around 7:30PM after work, but feel free to grab the reservation for "JOE TRAN," 7PM at Smokin Oak, Downtown Vancouver. Excited to meet up with you guys for some BBQ and booze!
Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
7y
Hey everyone! I’m so glad I came across this thread! I live in Beaverton, OR, work as a pharmacist and I’m here to expand my knowledge and networking in real estate. I have 2 townhomes (live in one and rent out the other) and currently looking at purchasing a multifamily home in the near future and would love to network with like minded ppl too. I won’t be able to make it out this Thurs. but hopefully there will be another one soon.
On a side note, does anyone have a good referral to a Real estate CPA in the Portland area?
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y
Hey guys, just a friendly reminder, hope to see you tomorrow at Smokin Oak in Downtown Vancouver tomorrow around 7PM! @David Y. Hey man, another fellow pharmacist! Not sure if it's a stretch for you to make it up tomorrow, but come up to Smokin' Oak and get to know some local like-minded guys.
Contractor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 113 posts · 62 votes
7y
It's looking like a late night at work for me, so I won't be able to make it. Not sure if this is going to be a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or what, but I'll see you next time!
Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
7y
@Joe Tran Thanks for the invite but working nights this week. Let me know when you all meet again. Would love to network with like-minded ppl and also would like to know more about how you do both RE + pharm. Hope the night went well!
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
7y
Hey all, better late than never-- but last Thursday at Smokin Oak was awesome! Thanks to those that made it out; it was fun to get to know everyone and see what everyone's focusing in Vancouver/PDX. Wish we had more time to @Carter Thomas and Cole-- we stayed until after 10PM exchanging info and getting to know each other. If that was useful for you guys, I'm down for another icebreaker meetup for those that didn't make it. As we get to know our local RE community more, it'll be great down the road to exchange information and help each other out as we get more connections and focused goals.
Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 3 votes
7y
Hello everyone. I am very interested in attending the next meeting. It would be great to meet with like-minded individuals on a regular basis. Looking forward to it. Hope everyone is doing well!
Rental Property Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
7y
Have lived in the Portland/Beaverton area for 15 years and now moving to Vancouver. Getting into REI and looking forward to meeting more Clark County folks. Bought and sold our house in North Portland at really good times, next going to rent out our Beaverton home. Plan to house hack - buy a house in Clark County that we can rent out in 2-3 years.
Real Estate Agent · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 9 votes
6y
Hey guys, it's been some time since we've last talked and got together! I've been busy working on securing taxes and finding innovative and legal methods for the savvy real estate investor. I know we had guys that couldn't make the last meetup, it entertain you guys to have another meet sometime next Friday, 11/23/19 around 4:30PM in Downtown Vancouver? @Uwe G.@Adam Rasmussen@Tim Santeford@Carter Thomas@Jordan Barta
Vancouver, WA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 60 votes
6y
Hi @Joe Tran, I would love to try and attend but I am doing a getaway trip for wine tasting up in Walla Walla with a group of us. If it can be moved to Wednesday or Thursday I would be able to attend. Either way I hope a bunch of folks can meetup and discuss.