Real Estate Investor · Rancho Mirage, CA · Member since 2008 · 109 posts · 56 votes
9y
Hey Jai, thanks so much for buying the book - I hope you enjoy it and learn lots.
You can definitely learn about private money by providing it.
Instead of winging it yourself, I recommend signing up with one or more of the real estate crowdfunding portals such as Fundrise, RealtyShares or RealtyMogul. You'll find a mix of pre-vetted debt and equity deals for accredited and non-accredited investors.
The platforms do a great job with investor education and you have a chance to dig into each deal (even if you don't invest) to see how they evaluate the various investments.
Only the cream of the crop (experienced sponsor, reserves, background checks, etc) make it onto the platform so you benefit from their due diligence in addition to your own.
Regarding accredited only - it's not that they don't want your money, trust me. It's that they have SEC rules to follow to protect their exemption. Most real estate offerings allow for unlimited accredited investors but limit the number of non-accredited. Many operators also prefer to work with accredited because of the presumption of inexperience with non-accredited investors.
Cut your teeth on the portals and perhaps you can form relationships whereby you can invest in their next offering directly.
Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 6 votes
9y
What a great idea. Thanks, Susan. I registered with two of them already but was disappointed when the only investments available to non-accredited investors were REITs.
Nevertheless, your suggestions of window shopping there as a way to acquaint myself with evaluating deals already well vetted and using them as a springboard for future relationships are pretty fun ideas.
Thank you for the encouragement.
Jai
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
@Account Closed, just so you know, there are 3 national sites that offer real estate crowdfunding to nonaccredited investors: Rich uncles, RealtyMogul and Fundrise. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 6 votes
9y
Ian Ippolito Thanks for the tip. Realty Mogul has one REIT for non-accredited investors and Fundrise has several REITs. That's all you can do on those sites if you're not accredited, or am I missing something?
Investor · Upton, MA · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 16 votes
9y
@Susan Lassiter-Lyons Congratulations! One of the most enjoyable financial books I've ever read. Got the Kindle version several months ago. Loaded with real content and couldn't put it down.
Wholesaler · Spring Hill, FL · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
8y
Last week Susan Lassiter sent me 2 emails one for Raising Private Money for $497.00 and the 2nd email for Master Lease Option for $197.00. We purchased the Getting The Money and the went back to order the Master Lease Option for the $197.00 Her reply was "Oh we just raised the price to $997.00 and they would not honor the $197.00 claiming they added new bonuses. Extremely poor business practice in my opinion. What else will she not honor?
Real Estate Investor · Rancho Mirage, CA · Member since 2008 · 109 posts · 56 votes
8y
Hi Richard.
As my support rep, Jade, explained we have significantly changed the offer for Master Lease Option Method. Previously, it was just the video-based training modules. And was offered for $197 for about 7 years.
Last weekend, (after warning my existing subscribers for about 6 months that this was happening) I updated all the modules and we added a proprietary software and 6-months of coaching to the offer and increased the price to $997.
I instructed Jade not to make any exceptions to the new pricing for subscribers who waited to purchase.
Now, to your question above - what else won't I honor?
Bad behavior and entitlement.
To that end, I've voided/refunded your order for my Getting the Money program made yesterday. There are plenty of trainers teaching how to raise private money and I feel you'll be best served by someone else.
Real Estate Investor · Northeast TN, TN · Member since 2008 · 516 posts · 361 votes
8y
First, let me say that I've known @Account Closed, she began notifying folks months ago that the price of the program would be increasing to $997 since the content modules were being updated, a coaching component was being added, and a software program (that was a stand alone product costing $197) was being incorporated into the package. Frankly, speaking as a former student and one who knows the results that can be achieved if the program is implemented - it's a steal at this price.
Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 2 votes
8y
Hey @Susan Lassiter-Lyons
Have some actual questions about the course. After paying the the upfront cost, is there a continuous payment to receive the online help after six months? And what do you get upfront once you purchase, I believe I understand most of what is offered but just would like some clarification if you have the time available. Currently new to the Real Estate investing scene an want to get as much Financial Education before getting my feet wet. Have learned a lot from Clayton Morris's Podcast an wanting to get more education on the private money front as that is they way I'd liked to get funded.
Congrauations on your success an thanks for your time
Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 2 votes
8y
@Account Closed
Already read the book, enjoyed it defiantly gets a person pumped up, and just started reading Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff that you mentioned. Both are good reads an informative, but I'm more of a visual an hand on learner.