Real deal real estate investors

Real deal real estate investors

Real Estate Investor · Tooele, UT · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes

has anyone heard of real deal real estate investors. i was looking for work on a local classified add here in Utah and i came a crossed this company. They are claiming that they are looking for 15-20 people that are looking to go into real estate investing. and for a small fee they will walk me though deals. i have read the posting on here about courses like this. Im trying to do my due diligence, however when i Google them with the word scam like the posting suggest nothing comes up. I mean the only thing that relates to them is there web sites. I'm not finding any reviews positive or negative. I'm not sure if i not doing the search right or if this is just one big red flag. I'm seclude to have a phone "interview" with them tomorrow. I see the benefits of working with someone that knows you market and im even willing to pay for that if i have to. but after reading the forms and guides on this website im not sure what to do. any help will be appreciated. 

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
12y

@Jacob Taylor 

  Looked at the site... what they are doing is exactly what the Guru's do.. bus tours only looks like they take car's..  REally depends on the depth of the information and how much they charge.

I like to tell folks that one of the best ways to start if its fix and flip you want to do is

1. study and get a RE license  go to C 21 or many other brokers that will pay for the training if you just hang your license with them. YOu then get to network with those in the industry

2. STudy and get your contractors license... Get with a good interior decorator.. WE pay 150 to 350 per house to get all the colors right and ideas we would never do on our own and on the right budget.

3. If you need money start with friends and family but only invest when you have a clue as to what you are doing.. Pretty hard to take a few weekends and drive up and look at houses with 20 other people any one can walk you through a house and point things out its not rocket sceience

Have some patients and create a base of knowledge it will help you in the long run

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Logan, UT · Member since 2014 · 222 posts · 102 votes
    12y
    I've never really loved that type of business model and I always worry about businesses that charge money for info that's usually available for free. I would never pay up front for that service, But if they'll help you learn and close on a deal, I'd probably be willing to pay for that
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Jacob Taylor 

      Utah is ground zero for many of the fulfillment companies that are the back end of all the gurus you see on TV.  If you have an actual link to the site maybe we could take a look and formulate an opinon

  • Real Estate Investor · Sandy, UT · Member since 2014 · 85 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Jacob Taylor 


    Yes I would be interested to see who they are. 

    I  do have to admit that I have purchased a catalog of online classes from a place like that. The people trying to get me to buy them where super gimmicky and probably had virtually no experience in investing themselves. But non the less, I feel that the classes that I paid for where worth the money and I would do it again.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    I would dig more into what exactly are they providing for the money you spend.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tooele, UT · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    realdealrealestateinvestors.com

    here is there website. to be honest I am 95% sure that im not going to pay for this service. I found them before i found BiggerPockets. however if it is the real deal i could see how this would pay out for me in the long run. thanks for all your help on this.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tooele, UT · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    http://realdealrealestateinvestors.com/

    sorry here is an  hyper link to that website.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    12y

    @Jacob Taylor 

      Looked at the site... what they are doing is exactly what the Guru's do.. bus tours only looks like they take car's..  REally depends on the depth of the information and how much they charge.

    I like to tell folks that one of the best ways to start if its fix and flip you want to do is

    1. study and get a RE license  go to C 21 or many other brokers that will pay for the training if you just hang your license with them. YOu then get to network with those in the industry

    2. STudy and get your contractors license... Get with a good interior decorator.. WE pay 150 to 350 per house to get all the colors right and ideas we would never do on our own and on the right budget.

    3. If you need money start with friends and family but only invest when you have a clue as to what you are doing.. Pretty hard to take a few weekends and drive up and look at houses with 20 other people any one can walk you through a house and point things out its not rocket sceience

    Have some patients and create a base of knowledge it will help you in the long run

  • Real Estate Investor · Tooele, UT · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank you so much for your input. I'm really happy i found this network before i spent the money somthing like is.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    @Jacob Taylor 

    I would be very hesitant, but definitely get on the phone with someone, and find out what they are offering, etc. Probably not worth it, but you never know. If you don't understand what they are offering in terms of education or service, it's most likely not worth the time.

    There's tons of GOOD free advice and education out there :)

    Great advice from everyone, too.

    Andrew

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I've never heard of them. You may be better off networking with folks here on BP and/or finding a local mentor in your area. Good luck! 

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Jay Hinrichs   is always helpful!!

  • Pike Road, AL · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I am happy to find it before investing my money. I would dig more into what exactly are they providing for the money you spend.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    People, at the bottom, before you can post on this, you disclose if you have any relationship with the material, endorsing anything should be at least stating in your post if you are a student or to what degree of knowledge/experience you might be. I know a student relationship isn't asked below, but it probably should be.

    Now, I've been on bus tours but with national organizations of government housing officials, pretty dry, but it is good to see and even interact with a neighbor if there is time and you can get away from the tour guide.

    I think that any valid site should be giving a detailed curriculum of the subject taught. Go look at a list of university classes offered, there will be a no hype, no spin description of the class to be taught, any education site should be doing the same.

    If you see nothing but sizzle, no meat, hype as to your success, claims of successful deals done by anyone (the guru or students) you're at a marketing site, not an educational site.

    Mentors or coaches should be anchored in 3 areas; Experience at doing, Education and being Certified or Accredited by some government agency or professional association.

    In my book, meaning in my opinion, an instructor should have a college degree to mentor effectively in any business subject. College (degreed in anything) means they know how learning is structured, prerequisites to learning to build on, communication skills, testing (yes, testing as you can't advance until what is been taught has been determined to have been learned). This is somewhat flexible depending on what is to be taught, teaching carpentry is one thing, teaching what law is applicable or teaching conceptual materials is another.   

    Experience, some guy who is 26 obviously doesn't have experience, just a fact, they haven't been exposed to very much in RE regardless of the deals done. Deals done isn't a good yardstick of experience in some niche. Those in some niche are only exposed to a sliver of the big picture and no niche operation exposes an operator to the different variables, circumstances and types of exposures to occurrences in the real world. Even with a degree or education, there is little application without wisdom. It takes time to develop experience and age is not the determining factor either.

    Certification, is your mentor coach really qualified or did they qualify themselves? An attorney holds a certification, so does a Realtor, so does a CPA, so does a government official or teacher, so does a general contractor. Has the material been certified to be taught by any professional association, like your RE Commission, any university or college? This may be difficult for investing, but core materials should have some authority behind them.

    Saying someone made 5M bucks in RE is not a qualification nor is it applicable to teaching. Claiming they made $200,000 on some deal isn't applicable to what they present.....here's why;

    What I did or do can not be reproduced by anyone else on the planet, each deal in RE is different, buyer and seller circumstances, personalities, financing, capital structures, the market, the location as well as other current aspects will never be duplicated. What I did can not be duplicated by others, my techniques and approach may be duplicated, but techniques and an approach can never yield the same results. To imply that some method will or is even likely to yield the same or similar results is just hype, marketing and deceiving to instill hope of making a fortune. When these claims are made or boasting of success, you'll usually find that disclaimer of "your mileage may vary" as this can be grounds for fraud, so if that's the case, perhaps you should simply ignore the dollar signs when looking for an education.

    My advice, get to know a mentor or coach, their business ethics should be beyond reproach and they should be teaching what is ethical and certainly legal. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.